Follow

Hi all...you've all been so helpful and supportive I wanted to share the latest;: got a call from the Hospice nurse late this AM wondering if it was okay to stop by...it SEEMED like my comment about not doing the bandage changes got through to someone for which I'm grateful. So she came and did it. And I tried to be as helpful as I could, at least helping to raise mom's leg up enough so it would be easier for her to wrap. One of the heels doesn't look so bad, the worst one I didn't even see, but I did see some drainage on one of the non stick pads and on the wrap. Really I felt like I was handling it...but then I felt warm, not so good and cranked the ac down a bit...then I sat myself down and was feeling a bit light headed....and next thing I knew, I was barfing. I figure if nothing else that might wind up being charted or noted by the nurse further evidence that I am not up to this particular challenge, so maybe not a bad thing.
ALso learned as others have indicated that they follow orders from whomever is in charge/higher up. So for instance hearing about the benefits of this particular healing honey, that order has to be placed by someone to follow through on....so we'll mention it next time WC nurse is out. Also learned from this hospice nurse when I asked if hospice had an actual wound care nurse that the team leader is trained/certified in it.

Again just want to thank you all, and sharing your knowledge. I still have questions, I still don't think this should be so much work and so hard for we caregivers to get answers...bless us all.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Kim85099 is a spammer gdaughter - I've reported it but everyone else should too.
(1)

Kim85099, I was not asking for any solutions related to drugs or herbals and do not need to waste my time reading your advertising for this dr. If it worked for you great, but the response doesn't even make sense to the original posts.
(0)

Terrific!
(2)

Great!
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter