Follow

Adjusting well. Eating in dining room, going to activities on her own. Hasn’t asked when she will go home.

LTC asked for, and I used, Moms $ for 2 weeks payment, pre-Medicaid application. Met with elder care lawyer who said her pay down is $8K, not $2K because her SS is below a certain amount. Have the online app started and expect to finish this weekend. Lawyer expects denial because of reverse mortgage. Medicaid will give a number for the spend down.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
So happy for both of you!
(1)

Kats. I'm soooooo very happy for you that mom is safe, cared for and calm. And talking to you!!!!
It's something of a miracle, yes?
(3)

Hi Bandy, thanks for commenting! I am sooooo relieved and it is almost unbelievable to me how things have turned out. There wasn’t much hope in me for a good outcome, based on the last several years. I can’t wait to hit the ‘submit’ button on the Medicaid app! Feels like an albatross around my neck.

No pats on the back, but happy to visit our son & ‘new’ DIL in Florida.
(2)

Barb - I’m just so thankful she’s in a safe, clean NH and there are sooo many caring folks there! AND it’s only 12-minutes from us.

I had visited two homes, each 35 minutes away and was mentally prepared to choose one. But one was NOT a good fit and the other was just okay. Luckily, my cousin, a geri-psych hospital nurse, asked their social worker who suggested the NH mom is in now.

Truly treasuring this newfound peace, for sure! ❤️❤️❤️
(2)

lealonnie1 - it really is!

The APS worker called to check in and is amazed at all that has been accomplished. Almost dumbfounded that Mom and I TALK to each other numerous times a week AND that her angst towards me seems to have disappeared. She said mom was this close to guardianship . . .
(0)

This is GREAT news Kat!
(2)

Oh Kat, that is such great news.

May it continue to be a good new home for mom and a relief to all you have been through.
(2)

Alva, thank you for the encouragement!. 26 days since I called ambulance for mom. So many tasks to bring her to a safe place.
(2)

Great work. So glad this progress happening, and you are making it happen.
(2)

Kats, I am SO happy for the peace of mind you must feel! (((Hugs)))
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter