Follow

As some of you know my Grandson had brain surgery almost a year ago to help cure his epilepsy. He is being weaned off his meds but has been seizure free for a year.

2020 was not a good year for him. He lost a job of over 4 years that we and the EEOC felt was due to my GSons disabilities. He also suffers from ADHD that he cannot be medicated for because of his seizure meds. He was put on a job that because of his ADHD he could not do and informed his supervisor of this. When he asked for info on their Disability policy concerning his operation he was let go. EEOC found the company in the wrong and is now suing them.

He had trouble getting his Disability and unemployment because of COVID. As of the first of the year he still had not received either and had been approved for both. So, no money coming in. We supported him until he was able to work again. He was released for work 12/11/20 and found a job a month later.

2021 - Things are looking up. As of a couple of weeks ago he has received his full amount of Disability. (No response from unemployment) The State reinstated his Driver's license and he bought a car this week. He recently changed jobs for one that he gets paid $7 more an hour. He is on probation for 90 days but I am sure he will be hired permanently. He always is. Finally getting his life back.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Ccongrats! Good news...may he be happy and healthy!
(1)

Yay!!
(0)

Great news!

Continued prayers for him and your family.
(0)

That is fantastic news. So happy for your family.
(0)

JoAnn, thank you for sharing the wonderful progress he's made!
(0)

This is some good news! He's been through a lot, but fingers crossed for him that the worst is behind him and he has a great future! Controlling his seizures to the point of being seizure free for a year is a very positive indicator.
(0)

Wonderful news! What a strong, resilient person to hang in there and keep fighting as he has done.
(0)

What a fantastic update...thank you for posting it!
(1)

Wonderful!
(1)

Great news!!!! Sounds like your grandson is back on track on all levels, and I'm so happy to hear it JoAnn!
(1)

How encouraging to read this.
(1)

Oh, JoAnn,

Such good news!

You are a sweet, loving Grandma. A blessing, for sure!
(3)

Joann, thanks for sharing the good, and bright, news.  Last year must have been a real challenge for him and your family, so I'm glad to learn that this year is turning out better!
(2)

Such good news re your grandson. Now can get his life back on track. Happy for you, JoAnn.
(2)

Oh JoAnn, I'm so happy to see this post. I'm prayerfully thankful that "Things are looking up" for your grandson and for you and the family. This is really good news, thank you for sharing it with us.

I'm keeping the prayers going up for you and especially for your Grandson.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter