Follow

We drove over to Alabama last week and took momma out for dinner. I had her a gift and we spent some time with her the next morning. She was in good spirits. We spent our Christmas here in Georgia due to previous horrible Christmas's over the last three years - mostly due to momma but last year's was due to momma and siblings because of many dramas due to money issues. My husband and I cooked our dinner, ate and opened up our gifts. Watched a movie and had a nice stress free Christmas without all of the drama and hateful remarks from everybody. Momma was fine. I guess this is our new Christmas.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
long story short? Don’t go where Christmas, or any holiday, is stressful. Staying home is better for you! If a gift is enough, from 3 people, each buying for the other 2? This is magic!
This year I gave big, and got very little in return. I don’t care! I bought 2:1 Bass Penny loafer shoes, for myself! That’s happiness! And 25% off! Oh yes! Jingle bells!
(0)

My mother, grandmother and I, spent many Christmas’ together, hoping my sisters and brother, would come. My father and gold digger Deede had us beat! They all went to dad and Deede’s, ate off of mothers wedding silver and drank from her crystal, without a well wish to mom or grandmother! They didn’t have any class, here I thought they were raised with it!
Low and behold, grandmother died at 104, Suzanne set her sites on some of the goodies, mom passed, the vultures landed! I let them have some? I still own the best!
(0)

I’m glad you see the problem! In a room full of anger? Misery loves company? I never understood overspending, which creates hate!
Sometimes it’s the intimacy of the holidays, that teaches the importance! A Gift! The thought that counts, not the cost!
(0)

Congratulations and wishes for a wonderful coming year.
(1)

Sounds lovely to me. Enjoy the day your way.
(0)

I’m so glad you had a nice, drama-free Christmas. This holiday does tend to bring out the worst in people, doesn’t it. I was looking at old pictures of my husband’s family this week and our Christmas Eve celebrations. Due to the failure of the family business and pure D nastiness the family fell apart. So sad. But now, our kids are both married and have given us three beautiful grandsons. So, it’s come around to building our own little family group!
(3)

Ssounds like a good resolution.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter