Follow

I just wanted to give an update...
my momma passed away at 10 this morning.
I thought being with her after she passed was going to be too much for me but I actually found I didn’t want to leave her. I undressed and bathed her myself. There were some things I couldn’t do... she had lived with a chronic lung condition for so long that I couldn’t bring myself to take her oxygen off and had the nurse do it for me. I did leave the house for a moment to take care of her dog, but otherwise stayed with her. She had wanted to stay in the home for a period before the funeral home got her, and I honored that wish. I had been so scared of seeing her like that, but do you know what? She still seemed like my beautiful momma.

the funeral home got her and I was incredibly anxious about it but they put her in the shroud and all went well. They didn’t need me to help and I stood back.

Her burial is tomorrow. One last Big thing. I miss her desperately. I’m glad she’s not hurting. I miss her.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Oh how I know what you’re feeling. I lost my husband of 60 years three weeks ago and I am having so many different, difficult feelings of loneliness. Like you, I’m so thankful he isn’t hurting anymore. He fought hard for a whole year but just plain wore out. Prayers for you.
(4)

EmilyRenee,
So sorry for your deep loss today.
Thank you for sharing your feelings and experience with us in your journey with Mom. 🌹
My condolences to you.
(2)

Dear Emily I am so very glad that this was not the terrible experience that you feared. Your mom is at peace; you should be too. You've done good work. (((((hugs)))))))
(4)

What a beautiful testimony for your mom. You did a wonderful job. I’m sorry she is gone from this life but I’m sure you will find her with you always. Hugs and thanks for letting us know how you managed this special time in you and your mom’s life.
(2)

Dear EmilyRenee, Thank you for sharing your experience - how beautifully you expressed it. I pray you find strength and peace in the memories and love you shared. Sending you my deepest sympathy ... 🤍
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter