Follow

and told her everything that was happening with me. They did a thorough exam and she has ordered an EEG and an MRI along with seeing a neurophysiologist (?) ...I'm kind of afraid of what they might find, either on the EEG or the MRI, more seriously though what this other dr might find. All this plus my father and my crazy mother, it's just about more than I can take.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
If a neurophysiologist equates to a cardiophysiologist, only for neurology, if you see what I mean, then this is a highly qualified technician who will run the battery of tests properly and take all kinds of measurements and report back to the neurologist.

The cardiophysiologist, just for comparison, does things like echocardiograms. Watching them at work is better than a movie.

Relax. This shows that your neurologist is taking your concerns seriously and is having a really good, thorough look. It doesn't mean that anyone is thinking anything sinister.

And meanwhile? What are you doing to look after yourself and give yourself a break (as far as it's possible, I know)?
(4)

This is standard procedure for getting to the bottom of symptoms. Sounds like you have a conscientious doctor and that is good.

Sounds scary but knowledge is power in these scenarios.

Great big hugs!
(2)

You just relax, hon. You are getting EXACTLY what could best be hoped for. They will assess all the things that are possibilities. Most don't know that most medicine is you come in a mystery and one at a time by symptoms they rule out what it is NOT to give a better idea of what it is. This is why your descriptions are so crucial in your diagnosis. It is great you will have these tests, but you are in the WORST room in the house and even a mammogram tells us THAT. Waiting Room is the hardest room there is. When we KNOW, we can DEAL, but waiting is so hard. I have thought about you and wondered and am so glad Lacey's Terror to see you post an update for us. Please let us know and meanwhile we will pull from our corner for you. You are getting good care and that makes me very very happy for you. Listen to true crime podcasts or something! Get yourself out of your own head when you can, but know this is just a hard room to be in, and "wait it out".
(0)

Thank ya'll so very much for your support, it means so much to me. I have my EEG and MRI scheduled for next Thursday, and unfortunately the neurophysiologist won't have an appt available for at least two months. So that's worrisome, but better late than never, huh? I guess after the mri and eeg the dr will let me know if they found anything.

I really appreciate all your support!
(2)

Lacey, my experience with the medical field is that you have nothing to worry about or they would have gotten you in sooner. I know you are concerned, but having to wait has always proved that nothing serious is going on. Try not to worry yourself sick and look at the positive side of having to wait for an eternity for the appointment.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter