Follow

Hi all!

Thought I'd check in and give you an update on Bev. Well Tim took his mom off of hospice. She wasn't responding to anything. No drinking, eating or taking pills. He took her to the ER. She was admitted. She has autoimmune hemolytic anemia. Rare but curable but not for Bev. Because of her age and already dealing with an autoimmune issue (SPS) the doctor said to take her home and make her comfortable. She is back on hospice care. I feel awful for Bev and Tim but I'm still leaving. Please say a prayer for Bev that when she's ready that she passes peacefully. Thank you

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Tim only understands what Tim needs. At this point, possibly his mom. Doesn't get to her right away but has taken over the majority of her care. I do a very minimal amount of her care now. I'm leaving June 1st.
(0)

You are correct! Couldn't be soon enough! And I definitely have helped way above and beyond! And just what I thought about Tim, he stepped up (FINALLY) now that his mom is dying. So sad.
I will be leaving June 1st! I walk around the house singing "It's the final countdown" can't remember the band name off the top of my head. When I call my older sister who lives by me in my home state, I sing that to her and we laugh. It feels good to laugh!
I also pray Bev passes peacefully. She now tries to refuse medication, water and food. Gets combative when checking her sugar. She knows what's going on. While she was in the hospital, Tim always wanted to talk to doctors outside of the room. I always inched my way back into the room and the doctor followed my lead. I thought it important for Bev to know what is going on with herself. I don't believe I'm wrong for doing so. The relationship that Bev and I had is no longer. I will remember the good we had together. I will miss her.
(1)

It would be more likely that Tim will understand he has pushed you to the brink of you tell the truth. Tell him he makes an impossible situation even more so and leave.
(1)

It is a good possibility that I will need rotator cuff surgery at some point. Would be my third if so.
Yes, needed a "solid" reason for walking away before I strangle Tim. Not easy dealing with him at this point as he asks my opinion then gets mad. So now I just say I don't know. Good bye toxicity!
(1)

Well it IS possible you will need surgery.. at some point in the future.. or distant future I guess.

Is this more about having a solid *reason* to say before steping back/stepping away?

You don't need to give a reason unless you want to.

"I can't help anymore" is valid.

So is "you will have to make other arrangements" (my new favourite statement, supplied by BarbBrooklyn).
(6)

Shadow - thank you for your update. I am glad you're getting out of that mad house. Can't be soon enough. You have helped your friend Tim way more than you should. Time to take care of you. When are you leaving?

For Bev, I hope she will pass peacefully. Don't worry about Tim. He didn't care that you injured yourself helping him and his mother the last two years. Time to focus on you.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter