Follow

Okay - minds out of the gutter! This coming Saturday the Powerball jackpot will be well over $500 million - perhaps the biggest jackpot in history! Depending on state taxes a single winner could net $250 million and more. For fun - name three things you would do with the money. No saying "charity" as that's a given knowing all the wonderfully giving people who visit this site.
I know the odds are one in a bazillions but the fact is - someone DOES win!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3
Sendme - thanks! Just this morning I was reading a post where someone said "this isn't my first rodeo". Heck, most of the time I feel like the rodeo clown - you know, the one that the angry bull (mom) chases around attempting to gore and mame. That's me - just doing my job!
(3)

Rainmom, you are just getting funnier and funnier! Thanks, because I am not that funny, and it is quite an effort-you take the heat off! Lets all try to keep it light for those heavily burdened beyond belief!

Glad, a winner but you did not know it! And you didn't even lose the ticket as you packed up! Congratulations!
(1)

I bought a Christmas scratch ticket in mid-December, it has been sitting on the coffee table for quite awnile.I have won before but usually amounts under $5.00..
This time as I scratched tye numbers on tye card kept coming up. It is a $100.00 winner! Hooray!
(3)

Sendme - I thought this thread was lost along with my big dreams! So now I have to check out this log cabin...
(1)

Granot Loma-gotta live there!
Almost lost this thread-I forget where I've been, and where I wanted to go.

Went to the doctor today-where the office has magazines displayed. Aging Care has put out a winter 2016 magazine. Some former posts on here were printed in the magazine! Congratulations SusanA43!
(0)

Me too, Susan. Even after taxes I could scrap by with what was left from a $40 million win. And I also agree about your numbers. Maybe it's my habit of trying to always look for a bright side but I figure ever time I lose it only increases my chances for a big win some day, right?
(1)

I'm still looking at it the way I did before - my numbers have *never* come up all on one ticket before in the history of the lottery. So that means they could still happen. The Powerball is back down to 40 million for the next drawing. You know what? I'll still buy tickets. I'd take with 40 million in a heartbeat and be perfectly happy.
(1)

What is it with Florida? Seems like there are more jackpot winners from Florida than anywhere. If it weren't for the bugs and I humidity I'd move there! I swear I am the most unlucky person on the planet when it comes to the lotteries. I went a bit overboard and bought about 30 tickets - guess how much I won? Yep - that's right, big goose egg - zero! But like the ever optimist I am, I'll keep buying my same four tickets a week: Win for Life, Powerball, Mega Millions and Oregon Mega Bucks. If a portion of sales go to schools and parks I'm thinking I should get a school named after me at this rate - Rainmoms Academy for Losers. Kinda has a ring to it, don't ya think?
(1)

I won $8. Should I notify my clients that I'm shuttering my business and heading up to purchase Granot Loma? LOL

Sendme - isn't it fabulous? It sits on 8 miles of land, with a huge shoreline on Lake Superior. 8 MILES OF LAND. Insane. Gives new meaning to a "walk around the grounds", doesn't it? More like a 2 day hike.
(1)

Okay, I'm over it and it was fun to dream big. Back to my stool in the corner, next to the chimney.
(4)

Better than a slap in the face, Veronica? Or not much better..?
(0)

I think we also won $4
(1)

Oh well I didn't buy my ticket in CA, TN or FLA..
(0)

Two more winners. One in Florida another in Tennessee
(0)

So, Send or Sharyn, is the California winner either one of you? Still waiting on reports from other states. It sure isn't me!
(1)

Granot Loma-that is a fantastic place!
(0)

8 27 34 4 19 - 10
(0)

think I won 4 dollars - sigh
(1)

Aarrrrrrrgggghhhh! So painful!
Boooohooooooo!
(2)

I saw what I would love to buy with the lottery winnings. Google "Granot Loma" - largest log cabin in the world.
(1)

Ah sendme! Come on - two bucks for the chance of 1.5 BILLION dollars?!!! You have to get at least one!!! I was actually on the website for the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas last night - picking out my suite where I'll be hiding out the first month - don't want to be caught without a plan when my numbers come in tonight! ;p
(1)

Assandache, I know kindness and the practice of kindness is priceless!
Where ya been lately?
(0)

Sounds good Sunnygirl... Kindness all around..
(0)

If I win, in addition to all the take care of me mine and ours, I would hire a super secret swat team to invade trump towers, capture the Donald, hold him while a thousand construction workers build a very tall wall around the joint, hack into his accounts to pay for it all and leave him there unto perpetuity. And, oh yeah...Hire A forensic hairdresser to see just what the F is going on with that hair!
(3)

Rainmon, really hope that you bought your original tickets also! We just could not bear to hear that you 'got some tickets but the clerk made a mistake, my original choice was a winner, someone else won it!'
(0)

Did not buy a ticket because I was just fantasizing. Lol.
That was just so much work, and it hurt my head. Had to get some sleep, afterall.
(0)

BTW sendme - thanks for the positive thoughts! If I win I find you and send a little joy your way!
(2)

Sendme - then you'd hear the winner on the news saying "it was weird, this strange woman just came up to me and gave me the ticket..."!
Today I went to get a couple tickets - the gal at the counter made a mistake and printed the wrong combo. I took them anyhow - I didn't want to hear "yeah, I made a mistake printing some tickets and the customer didn't want them - so I bought them".
(2)

Going to get a ticket now. I have a plan. It will be fun just to get out!
What if I just gave the ticket away, anonymously?
(0)

Yeah, someone somewhere does win!
I would start a company and have my husband work for himself!
Then, reward every caregiver with a good life and financial security.
Would payoff a whole lot of student loans for people, then sue the gov't for running such a scam on the American public! O dear, this one needs some thought, now the lawyers are getting richer. Ugh!
Gee, I am looking forward to Spring, when flowers bloom!
All this money something has worn me out.
(0)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter