Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
There is another hiccup. If one has strong views and an insular concept of the world, how one treats another may seem to be completely benign to them while another person is annoyed and offended by what they have to say..Granted drawing a cartoon of Mohamed is never a good idea....
(0)

Treating others as you want to be treated is certainly NOT a new concept. Remember, we used to call it 'the golden rule'? Well guess where the idea originated? God figured that one out before people were created. You'll find it in the Bible, Luke 6:31
"And as you would that men should do to you, do you also to them likewise"
(3)

It is an excellent suggestion, and I agree. I think we all get upset when others disagree with us over things considered inviolate or obvious. But on line one always has the option to opt out of certain discussions. When I posted my offensive blog tag on being bothered by being prayed for I asked that religious people take a pass. Some didn't and got very very mad when I spoke about things I feel. There is still no cause for name calling and being snotty, but one must face the fact that for most of us, there are a lot of people in this world we really just do not care for. best move is to step away. Some do some don't and life goes on...
Treat others as you wish to be treated I think loses ground when it hits religions and politics because it comes into "why do these people think and believe the things they do, when I KNOW they are wrong?" That makes it harder and probably more important to walk away in the moment.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter