Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3
Barb, what seems to be happening with catering sector people is home deliveries, or order and collect services - SIL may find that he's not laid off for very long but is busier than ever. My SIL's mother runs a sandwich bar: it went quiet when she was having to close it, then went ballistic with phone orders.
(4)

We are retired. Eldest daughter (financial services) and book editor son in law are working from home and schooling their 8 year old.

Middle daughter working remotely part time editing, son in law works in a restaurant and has been laid off. 3 y.o. at home.

Actor son at home as his current play has gone dark; dil working from home. Daucshund is in 7th heaven.

Building services folks (janitors, door people) are still coming to work and our local grocers are still open.
(5)

Sorry, so to explain: son and daughter in law are both working from home, self-quarantining with their 4 and 2 year old daughters. I'm at work. Daughter 1 (doctor) is of course at work. Daughter 2 (English teacher) is on call for the "skeleton school" which is being set up for vulnerable children and children of key workers in her area. Next door neighbour (retail) is walking to work and doing extra hours.

I do not know what any of us will be doing if/when we fall ill, is the thing.
(1)

My son just sent me a video which I thought was hilarious -

[Man being interviewed by voice off camera]

Voice: ... so we can offer you one of two choices.

[Man nods attentively]

Voice: you can choose a) to be quarantined with your wife and child or -

Man: b. B.

Voice: ...or...

Man [nodding vigorously]: definitely B.
(8)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter