Today I wrote Mom a letter.

Follow

As most of you know, the person with dementia seems to be "nice" and "normal" to most people but those of us doing all the work, tend to get the short end of the stick. Every 2 weeks or so, things get tense with me and Mom and we sit and talk about it. It's always the same conversation. I explain things to her that she "gets" when we are talking, but soon forgets. Today I wrote her a letter. I wrote it large. I wrote it to the point. She "got" it. I am saving it for 2 weeks from now when she has forgotten it all. I will keep giving it to her when needed.I wish I had thought of this a LONG time ago!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.

Comments

Show:
1 2 3 4
I agree Jeanne is great! And I was just teasing you, Cap'n-I gave Ferris heck on her profile for not accepting your apology awhile back.

Ahh, I really am ornary tonight. I need my sleep. Not that I will sleep. Darn insomnia is creeping back in. But I am gonna try.
Night guys. ((((((HUGS TO YOU ALL)))))))
(0)

i answer questions sometimes then read back and see that jeanne has said the same damn thing except properly punctuated and extremely less " cursive " yup, shes a doll. suffered years of heartbreaing caregiving then lost her loved one but still tries to help others on here. thats the defination of selfless. IMO... IMO... get it? everything is just IMO..
(1)

i like ferris but she gets brisk with people sometimes ie : why are we still discussing this outdated thread? duh, because a newcomer found it somewhere and had questions pertaining to it.
(0)

I love Jeanne!!!!
(0)

And I like everybody, ferris included, I have found this site a wonderful outlet. I would hope any discussions comments we can all learn from, both parties, thats all!! Even scolding !!! ;o)
(0)

oh cmon, mishka. know it all and clown arent exactly the same thing. i apologised for sounding all knowing. im not sure what else to do. i am skillful in dealing with the mental impared i shouldnt have to apologise for that, and yes im sippin loudmouth tonight. thought i was being pretty civil. lastly, if you want some educated advice, listen to jeanne. the girl is smart.
(1)

Rite of passage -OHGOSH!!! I have PMS and cannot spell!!
(0)

Rite of passaage?
(0)

I think we have all been schooled by Ferris. It is an Aging Care right of passage-consider yourself part of the club ;0)
(I like you, Ferris, btw !)
(1)

Thanks mishka, u n cap'n always make me laff.... and sorry it has been a extremely emotional few days, don't mean to stir the pot! Just thought I would share, I would expect the same...if I am or will be outta line, somebody bitchslap me by all means. And I will say 1 she was somewhat accurate but what bugged me I had caught it already publicly and privately apologized for it and still received a scolding! anyway off to xray. Thanks for your patience!
(0)

1 2 3 4
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Related
Questions