Follow

To all on Forum.
A couple of you noticed I was gone; thanks so much for that.
I was on vacation, and I did tell a few just in case someone posted, wondering. I was without media for a bit over two weeks and discovered I LOVED IT. I am going to be off the media much more now, so I think you will see fewer comments from me, but I will look in once in a while.
My beloved Dee has been gone now more than a year. You all helped me enormously when he fell ill and I took over as his Trustee and POA, and helped again after his death. Your enormous wealth of information and support was invaluable to me. After he was gone I tried to help others with what I had learned.
You all give such wonderful service and information and will thrive without me for sure; I just didn't want to disappear without letting you know how much I value your service and all that AgingCare provides to people like me. And how special I think each and every one of the "regulars" here is. You have restored a lot of my faith in what we can be when we come together as individuals in a common cause.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Alva, you’ve been such a resource and source of solid info. I’ve loved reading your insights and learning from you. Glad your vacation was restorative and wish you all the best
(3)

WAAAH!! (picture me holding on to your digital ankle). As more of a newbie to the forum, what more can I add except sincere gratitude for what you have obviously brought to this table. You kept it classy, and a little sassy ;-) May you possess peace in your heart all the rest of your days!
(7)

Alva Deer - thank you for all your posts! They are always so helpful. Best wishes for the future. God bless you!
(2)

I'm so glad that you updated us, as I myself was wondering what happened to you. I'm glad that you were off having fun, and not being laid up because you were sick. You have helped a lot of people on here, which is why the Good Lord put us on this earth for, to help each other, so we will miss your daily responses, but will look forward to when you decide to post/comment. Enjoy your "media free" time.
(5)

Alva Deer,
Lovely post from you. You helped many of us caregivers on this Forum and I thank you, I am grateful for your wealth of information and your professional advice as a nurse. Hope you have many years of peace, health and happiness. The very best to you. Big hug.
Early
(3)

Alva, I respect all the guidance you have shared on this site.

both your professional and personal perspectives have been valuable contributions.
(1)

You are all, as always, so incredibly kind. I stopped by to see if you commented and I was blown away. THEN, of course, addictions being what they ARE, I just HAD to answer a question about Trusts, didn't I.
Please all take care, and I will be by from time to time again for certain. How could I ever ignore a community this kind? Alva
PS, Robin, I left you a private message with the kimono pattern again. I sure hope it is still made. I am on number 34 using same pattern! Recommend cutting it 1/4 inch larger on seams--more roomy, nicer to wrap!
(2)

Best of luck and many joys to you in your media-free ( or much much less! ) life! I totally get it - I’m trying to ratchet down my own media for sanity’s sake and tend to do more reading than writing here - which helps a LOT plus I don’t have so much wisdom to share. But your advice has been invaluable.

You are respected and appreciated by many. Many blessings!
(3)

Yes I had wondered..

Alva I thankyou so very much for all the commonsense wisdom you gave - to me personally & to others here, plus the laughs!

Go forth towards joy & adventure in your less tech life. 🤗❤️🦋
(3)

Well, dear deer, I for one will very much miss your wise responses. So do check back in. We all are interdependent and need each other. PS...I am too exhausted now to go look, but weren't you the one who provided info on the pattern to make the kimono robes? Like I ever would have time...but I wish I had noted the details so if you see this, please repeat. If you prefer emailing rather than forum my email is. Take good care....we love you....robin
(2)

Alva,

I have always been inspired by your wisdom. I have been comforted by your wonderful compassion and I absolutely adore your wicked sense of humor!

Please drop in from time to time. Enjoy every minute that you can. Know that we are thinking of you. Take care. 💗
(3)

Thank you for telling us, Alva. I wondered why you weren't showing up in the comments. I appreciate all that you shared and wish you much peace in your future.
(5)

I will miss your thoughtful comments. I always look for them. I'm glad you'll pop in from time to time.
(4)

Thank you. Thoughtful to let us know.
Unfortunately / fortunately there will always be Caregivers and a variety of recipients of that care. We all have stories. It is by sharing the stories and experiences that make some of the caregiving less burdensome. Why blaze a new path when one has already been marked.
Be well. And thank you for all the knowledge that you have passed on.
(5)

I understand. FB seems to be boring lately. Just been scrolling thru.
Keep in touch.
(2)

Alva you have helped me so much, and I will never forget it. You do YOU wonderful lady and stop by when you feel like it.

Big hug!
(5)

Hi Alva. Missed, and WiLL miss you terribly if you decide to go. Be well. Barbara
(6)

Alva,

I was hoping we’d see you again! Thanks for the update.

You helped save me when I was drowning in the care of my mother. You and the regulars here helped me not sink into a pit of despair.

Know that you have helped not only our generation, but the next. Those of us who have benefited from your instruction have begun to educate our own children in caregiving.

You have given us instruction on how to set our own boundaries in order that we might be of help to ourselves and our loved ones.

You have, SOOO importantly, helped us figure out the difference between guilt and grief, and where those fit in as we walk this road.

May your next season be a lovely one. Thank you again.

Colleen
(5)

AlvaDeer - you have been a valuable member of this forum with your medical background. You are knowledgeable, insightful and supportive. I always like to read your comments. You are loved here and your absence was noticed. Do check in now and then to let us know how you're doing. Take good care of yourself.
(6)

Noticed your absence, and appreciate you letting us know your plans.
Guess we will just need to ask ourselves, "what would Alva do?"
(5)

♥️
(5)

Say it isn't so. I always looked for your posts, especially when a clinical response was needed. I'll continue to look for your occasional inputs and wisdom. You once sent me a private message that I still read to give me encouragement. Thank you. I am pleased to hear your vacation was refreshing, and although I'll miss your posts, I wish you a fulfilling, media free future. Best of luck. Sjplegacy.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter