Follow

No details. Every day brings new problems with Mom. I am just weary. Thank you.

I’m sorry. I understand, and I am deeply sorry for you, and for me, and for all of us doing this day after day. I hope you will find spaces to take care of yourself
(1)

I'm tired today
(2)

Yes, the constant surprises, endless problem solving, continual readjusting. So frustrating and tiring. Please take time for yourself. You are important.
(4)

I get that..brain tired. Brain burn. Year 5. Weary too.
(1)

Tired, worn out, exhausted are all accurate descriptions of what it feels like to be a caregiver.

I am glad that you are going to listen to your body and mind and hire others to help care for your mom.

You mentioned the costs associated with hiring caregivers. You might also want to consider comparing prices between at home care and the cost of care in an assisted living facility.

Wishing you all the best in this difficult situation.
(2)

Wheat85, the Shepherd Center, Senior Services and perhaps your moms church or place of worship have volunteers that will come out and sit with your mom for a few hours for free. You may want to look into that.
(0)

Thank you for your thoughtful response. We are currently lining up companions for most of the day. Very expensive
(1)

Caregiving is very exhausting, thus why it's SO very important that you're taking time away to do things that bring you joy and so you can rest.
Perhaps it's time to put mom in a facility for respite for a week, so you can regroup, and recoup your weary body and soul.
And if possible hire some aides with moms money to give you a break after she gets home from respite, as I hope you're not trying to do this all by yourself, because caregivers have a 63% higher mortality rate than non-caregivers, and what will happen if you were to die before your mom???
Your mom certainly would not want that. Only you can decide that you're worth taking care of, as you matter too in this equation.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter