Follow

I know I can speak for a few on how grateful we are you have stuck around to navigate some of these minefields. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I have been here eight years, almost now. I have met so many wonderful caregivers that really GET how difficult the caring for our loved ones is. Hope I get to meet some of them someday.

I honestly do not know what I would have done without this site it has been so helpful to receive valuable feedback from others while I struggled through. My issue has primarily been those dysfunctional family dynamics. So bad at times, I would start to think I was the wacko. But feedback here was always so supportive. Still have to deal with it at times. But, for the most part I have been able to detach from twisteds.

My mom passed in June 2017. I am happy that we are able to help, offer ideas, and support whatever you are going through.
(2)

You guys give so much and you are so appreciated. I cannot emphasize that enough, really.
(2)

Oh Thank You! I Thankfully stumbled upon this website some 6 or so years ago while in the throes of Caregiving for my FIL and it has been so incredibly helpful, we had been at the biz of Caregiving for all of our parents for over 20 years previously and I only wished I'd had found it sooner!

My FIL passed away in Oct of 2017, and I Still log on nearly every day because I have come to know and Love so many folks on here, that I feel fully vested in their lives and the lives of their LO's.

The AC is is a meeting place for Carers, a touchstone if you will, a place where you can ask Anything you wish, and where hopefully you will receive helpful and constructive input, sometimes it isn't exactly what you wanted to hear, but there are enough Truly Kindhearted and Knowledgeable people on here, that you will get Good Solid Information, and even if it isn't you wanted to hear or the advise is going to be difficult to pull off, it will generally be said with kindness and grace.

In addition to the great advice, there are so many other Fantastic Threads to follow, ones that are of specific value to the Caregiver who so often needs a pick me up, a laugh, a place to rant or just to be heard, and many a great friendship has come of this site that is so different from other Elderly Care sites that I have found.

And no matter what time you log on, there is almost Always some other night owl online who is also unable to sleep, ready to chat away with you, so stick around, and snoop around, and don't forget to fill out your personal profile page, and start following the people whose advice, sense of humor and who share simular stories or who are commenting on stories/threads that you are interested in following, and soon you will find that you have a whole host of folks with simular interests and problems that you can share with and learn from.

I No longer have a living parent or inlaw, my husband and I, along with my siblings are the Oldies now, and will be facing all of the health maladies of our parents before us, so just as we thought that we had it all behind us we are faced with it all in front of us again, Uggg!

It's a Great place to bond, and has been immeasurably helpful for me on my Caregiving Journey, I'm so glad I found it!
(3)

Thank you. My Mom passed back in September of 2017. I learned a lot from this site and am still learning.
(3)

I agree. I am grateful to them also, not only for the wisdom they still impart, but because I would miss them if they left!
(6)

Yes, helmet. Lol. Again thank you, all of you.
(4)

Segoline, thank you so much. I know when I first started on this forum, about 7 years ago, it was so helpful getting advice from those who had been there, done that, and proudly wore the t-shirt :)

Or helmet, which some of us would pretend to wear to bang our heads against the wall in frustrating times.
(8)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter