Follow

Helpful, if you don't have a spouse or kids.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Sounds like good common sense HW, wouldn't it be nice if everybody had some?😉
(0)

Folks thanks for your response. The article is stressing taking a proactive approach in our senior years. We've got to do the work, not rely on our children. By the way, cwillie, I think you might be able to read it and copy the article at your local library. I'm creating a night of discussion at my church for being independent in our final years. These articles are really helpful. I'm looking for some good speakers/experts on the subject.
(0)

I just joined, and you nailed it with your comment. I am trying everything I can think of to ensure I can stay in my home, safely, for ~10 more years, but without kids or living family I will have trouble 'finding happiness' if my house falls to squalor, or the yard overgrows the driveway. Being mentally competent, and yet physically declining I can see a real need for trustworthy help, which I am willing to pay for, but not really available where I am. All articles say "ask for help"...right.
(0)

I'm glad you found the article helpful but since it isn't available without buying the magazine I'm not likely to read it.

And I've got to say that I don't find the picture of the 100 year old woman who teaches yoga on the cover inspiring, IMO all these exceptional elders that the media like to showcase set an impossible standard for the vast majority. It kind of reminds me of all those "superwomen" of the 70's and 80's who supposedly could have it all if they just tried hard enough.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter