Follow

For me on a tablet this is the page I use to get on the forum. I think the topic "Hire home care" is misleading. It does give the impression the site can help with an aide.

CONNECTING
FAMILIES WITH
In Home Care,
Assisted Living
&
Caregiver
Support

Hire Home Care
Hire in-home care to assist with activities of daily living.

Find Senior Housing
Find senior living options near you.

Visit the Forum
Get tips, advice, and support from the Caregiver Forum.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
JoAnn, good catch.
(0)

Yeah, I can see how it seems confusing. But clearly a lot of these people don't bother to post even cursory details.

There should just be a generic post from admin to deal with this. As in "The forum is not an employment agency. We cannot help you get your visa. We encourage you to research avenues where this might be possible, but this is outside the scope of the forum."

Then ban the poster.
(0)

There have always been options to find care on the website, I think even before it became associated with A Place For Mom. It seems pretty clear to me it's an invitation to let them help caregivers find care, I can't see how any of that comes across as an invitation to seek employment through the site.

But I'm not sure what's being featured on twitter and facebook (and maybe others) since I seldom look there, that is another way people first connect with the site.
(0)

JoAnn, I agree. I just noticed the advertisements and care advisor section on the right side of my page [I am on a desk top computer/monitor] and I can see why someone would think there might be a job opening in caregiving.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter