Follow

I stopped by Naperville DMV and asked to see the supervisor. Two supervisors showed up and they were polite and patient. First I told them verbally what had happened. At the end the male supervisor asked "what was her name?" She never told me but I saw it on her badge when she entered my car. "Sandra" I replied. The supervisor said "she doesn't work here anymore!" Well I yelled out "alleluia" and then I asked if they wanted to read the letter I had written to Jesse White, Secretary of State. They did want to read it. So I went to my car and picked up the copy and gave it to the male supervisor. Unfortunately I had to leave at that point to go to the bank to take care of something. Will get back to them this week. I feel that I shouldn't need to take the test again after all the abuse I tolerated with Sandra. More later.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
You WILL have to take the test again, and you SHOULD have to retake the test according to the rules for your State. That is in the interests of the safety of those on the road.
It is thrilling to hear that Sandra is out of there, and you can bet she used her power trip once too often, or perhaps many times too often, and responsible folks like you likely reported her.
My advice, take that test again. And just tell them the facts.
1. Please know I get very anxious with test taking and that is how I have always been.
2. I had a dreadful experience here with your tester, Sandra, who I understand no longer works here. It has raised my anxiety exponentially.
3. Please know that my hearing on my right ear isn't the best of my two ears, so could I ask you to direct your instructions to me by turning to speak to me.
4. My car is my lifeline. I have had no moving violations for ____________years and no parking violations for ______________years. I am a safe driver, and will do my best to show you that.
And that's about the best you can do.
But you will have to be tested. If the doctor we have is a maniac it doesn't mean we don't need physicals; it means we get another doc and on we go.
I sure wish you the best and think it's GREAT you updated us, and you followed up on this.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter