Follow

So they have been moving my BIL from place to place within the surrounding areas but they can not move him closer to home? How can this be? Also, the ombudsman stated she was going to help in locating him closer to home but now that he is in the hospital, she brushed everything off on the discharger, however, she states she can not get him closer. What in the world is wrong people?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I have no idea any of the circumstances here so cannot possibly say much. But it is difficult to find a match in facilities with correct care, facilities with MDs willing to take on certain patient, more patients, etc. There are also financial concerns and there is the problem of who has beds and what are they designated as.
I am assuming you are the POA? Definitely need more information here.
(0)

She’s not his POA and has posted about this issue many times since 2017
(1)

Thanks WorriedinCali.
(0)

Why do they keep moving him from place to place?
(2)

worriedinCali

I DO NOT KNOW WHY YOU KEEP SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT ME NOT BEING POA - SO WHAT. I DO NOT HAVE TO BE.

THE JUDGE PETITIONED THE COURT TO DEEM HIM INCOMPETENT IN 2015, HOWEVER, HE IS SIGNING HIMSELF IN TO ALL THE FACILITIES. GO FIGURE …………….
(0)

msltrbill

Thank you for asking. He is in located in an assisted living facility 4 hours away, isolating him from all his family. On top of that, he has dementia/alzhemiers - mental health. The staff do not give him his meds like they are supposed to and disrespect him. This in turn is causing him to become aggressive. Then the staff can not handle him so they throw him off somewhere else.
(0)

If he has been deemed incompetent in 2015, what does his guardian say about this? Was one assigned at that time? I;m with you in wondering how he signs himself in and out? Maybe some more information for us, so we can help? I am guessing you have looked into home in your area to help this along?
(1)

Look up haileybug’s prior posts about this issue.
Haileybug you are certainly persistent and that’s admirable. If I remember correctly your hubby had heart surgery and it’s a burden for all of your family to drive to see BIL.

Unfortunately, if he was non compliant & especially if he was aggressive toward staff more than once and in different care centers his reputation will preclude him. While this should not happen, it does. No company will want to take him for fear that he may harm others-residents and the staff as well.

I understand your frustration & the major effort it takes for your husband to visit. But it may well take a long time until he is moved closer to you if ever.

Why is he in the hospital now? Will he go back to his at the SNF 4 hours away after he is discharged?

i wish I could be more positive but it might not occur.

He & your husband are fortunate to have you worry about them. I know it’s frustrating for you. You get an “A” for effort.
(0)

So the ombudsman handed your BIL's case file to the hospital's discharge planner; and the planner is stating that she cannot get BIL discharged to a facility less than four hours' travel away from you?

I would do two things:

#1 Identify the nearby facility that you are certain could meet his needs once he is stabilised;

#2 Go back to the ombudsman and point out that unless she wants this file turning up on her desk again like a bad penny, perhaps she'd like to throw her weight into the negotiations in the hope of getting BIL done and dusted for good.

But #1 is the key. Have you done that?
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter