Follow

I have been reading questions and answers, helping out when I can with some questions for a couple of years. Having this family of caregivers exchanging advice and even frustrations has been truly helpful. I often felt alone and misunderstood while caring for my Dad. Except when I came here. You all have been such a force and have helped me tremendously. My Dad died on July 27th. I feel relief that he is no longer suffering but my heart is shattered. He was my guy, my best friend, my rock. As I try to navigate this new life without him I want to start by thanking you all. Please keep asking questions, offering solutions, being this amazing community of love and light. You are all helping others and yourselves so very much. As a friend said to me "Give yourself grace in this season". We are human, we are doing our very best. Don't forget that. Hug and love your loved ones all you can, while you can.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your dear dad. I wish you peace as you move through this difficult time. And I agree with your friend - give yourself grace. Allow yourself to feel the feels - it's important. Sending you virtual hugs.
(1)

May he rest in peace and may his memory be a blessing. Hugs to you.
(2)

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad,

Thank you very much for your kind words

Prayers and Blessings to you
(2)

So sorry to hear about losing your dad. I lost mine in 2010 and still think of him daily.

Your words are very powerful, yes, we are all doing the best that we can.

Peace, Love & Light to you and yours!
(3)

My condolences on the loss of your dear dad. Thank you for sharing such an uplifting post with us. Glad this forum has been so helpful for you, too. Please continue sharing your experience with all of us, it's very valuable, even after your caregiving days are finished.
(3)

Lovely post -- thank you for your contribution.

You have my sympathy on the loss of your dad. He's never going to be gone, but you'll build a new room in your heart for him.
(3)

I'm so sorry for the loss of your father... may you be comforted by the loving memories of your life together and receive peace in your heart.

Thank you for sharing how this forum has helped you, and for being a participant. Thank you for thanking the participants! Gratitude is an incredibly important piece of humility that not enough people have. It will serve you well as you move onward and upward. Blessings!
(2)

Bren, thank you for YOUR thoughtfulness in sharing the positive experiences and support you experienced. It's heartwarming to know that someone really appreciates those who contribute to the forum.
(4)

How very blessed and fortunate you were to not only have a good father, but to be able to take care of him until the end. I know you will mourn him for years to come, but now it's time for you to take care of yourself and rest in the knowledge that you did the very best you could with your father. And like your friend said, "give yourself grace in this season."
Praying for God's peace and comfort to be with you in the days. weeks, and months ahead.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter