Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Countrymouse, a brain alarm, perfect. JuliaRose, I NEED that echo silver-for me too at this point! Inventorgrissom, I’ve always been a brainstormer, or as my family would say I “always looked for a shortcut”. Unfortunetly that included practical education so lots of wishful thinking not a lot of able to get it done ability. I pass on my ideas to people who can, but don’t. My best one was in 2001-2002 I figured it should be easy to install an alarm to a car seat, or low tech, just a cord attached to your keys. Apps weren’t too popular yet. Had 2 engineer friends say car company’s wouldn’t allow something to interface with after market product. People wouldn’t like it. They exist now.
(0)

Great discussion, thanks a lot.

I would be happy with The Really Smart TV - each time there's a segment about a new diet, or the food last month was a death sentence now being benefitial airs, it changes to a 10-minute kitten video.

It would probablly stop my mother changing her dietary habits according what she watches.
"I saw this documentary about people eating just fruits, I will do that."
"Mom, you're diabetic."
"But fruits are healthy, I saw on TV."
"Mom, fruits are pure sugar. You can eat a few per day, but..."
"No, there are people who..."
(2)

CoyoteBR, that’s my sisters weekly convo & she’s not a senior yet!
(1)

I wish I could flip a switch to activate a “force field” around me - that prevents people from invading my personal space. Primarily when I’m shopping or in other public venues. It would also put the kibosh on “close talkers.”
(2)

Toilet paper is one thing but IMO a portable bidet is much better for a senior's privacy if they can't do it themselves...and it exists. I recommend it once you get used to the quirks.
www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xportable+bidet.TRS0&_nkw=portable+bidet&_sacat=0
(2)

Jairmo, I bought mom a bidet within a couple of months of taking over. I love it & 3 people who have used it at mom’s bought one. I always recommend it to friends with elderly parents.
(1)

I wish we could press a button on our microwave, open the door and a fully cooked, healthy delicious meal would present itself. Yes, I'm dreaming but it could happen one day right?................Right?.......................yeah, I know.
(3)

Gershun - that would be the food replicator from star trek. I've always wanted the transporter so I could commute without fighting traffic.🖖
(2)

I think maybe that's where I got that idea from Willie, plus I don't like to cook. LOL
(1)

T.V. dinners were on sale last night.
Marie Callenders, my favorite.
Yes, lots of salt, but portion conrrol.

Just put them in the microwave.
(0)

When my daughter was a toddler I used to wish for an extra arm that would fall off when they turned 15... now I want one for mom to hang onto until we don't need it anymore...
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter