Follow

My mom is doing better and seems to understand her situation is hard for me so we got deed figured out and the sale of her house will be complete by May 26th and money will be in hand. It could have been done sooner but I requested more time so I could get her stuff moved out. It is sold as is and the buyer is letting me leave the furniture we aren't taking and trash if we need to and is going to haul it for us. My mom said that she and I are on the deed and that she and I will split the money. I will use the money for debts she has on medical treatments that the Medicare didn't pay completely and a personal debt to her sister for when she helped save my mom's house from taxes many years ago. We are buying a used SUV to make it easier to take her places. We are also going to hire a friend to help me out and is wonderful with my mom. We got a lot more money than we expected for the house and have hired an attorney to help me with all the ins and outs of how to deal with the Medicare side of it too. Of course she still can't walk and has her moments but she has finally understood that it is up to her as to how things go because without her help I am not going to do it. My friend will be watching mom and my wonderful husband and I are taking a weeks vacation in June. I can't wait. Thanks for the love out there everyone. I really needed it.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Thanks to all of you
(1)

Be careful of repayment to that aunt. Is there an agreement that this loan was made and mom owes aunt? If not, this may be considered gifting and put mom's Medicaid eligibility in jeopardy. Check with an elder law attorney on how this would be best managed.
(1)

Have a great vacation. I will hopefully join my sisters, nieces and nephews and kidlets for 8 days in Aug. I told them I may just sleep the whole time!!
(0)

That’s terrific!

Enjoy your trip!!!
(0)

Yay!!
(0)

i am so happy for you.
It is hard to figure things out when under this cloud but you have managed so well done. I hope your vacation is the best one you have ever had but your next one is better
(1)

amazing, it sounds great!!! :) :) :)
big hugs to you! have a wonderful vacation with your husband!! :) :) :)

bundle of joy :)
(1)

I'm glad things worked out for you. It's pretty stressful, isn't it? Esp when our parents fight us on everything.

Enjoy that vacation!
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter