Follow

She watched them remove the rest of the machinery out last sunday. Idiot me, I had to go take a look. I couldn’t stop crying. I feel like I am grieving a loss. This is the push my mom needed to finally go see her lawyer. Since my brother is still not communicating with either of us. She is sending a certified letter asking him what are his intentions regarding the farming of the land he is renting. Is it wrong to hang on to some hope that someday he will call me. Yet everybody warns me to stay away. I have been really struggling with eating and emotions and blaming myself. I don’t know if there is a question but I needed to process all of this.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
"sorry i didn’t do paragraphs." Why? What you wrote was about the same subject. :)
(1)

Staffbull, it's so good to hear that you and your mom are doing okay! Please keep us updated on what's going on in your life. We care!
(3)

thank you all. i actually found out yesterday they’re leaving in 19 days. but you know i have actually accepted it and i can’t do anything about it. i just hope he is happy and he enjoys his life. I am going to focus on my mom and my life with my husband. great news today my mom after all she has been through in the last 6 months actually drove herself today to the doctor and some other errands. she actually sounds good and she has accepted that it’s his life. i am not saying she isn’t hurt but she is doing okay. all i know is we just have to take it one day at a time. i know it’s going to be okay. thank you all again. sorry i didn’t do paragraphs.
(4)

Boy, was that fast. I can't understand your guilt. This is something your Dad did. You have no controll over your parents decision. Maybe it was just an excuse on brothers part. Maybe he really didn't like farming. It must be hard with big businesses in the picture. I live in S Jersey, the garden state. Lots of farms have been sold off for development. My town, 70/80 yrs ago still had farms off the main highway. Please realize this has nothing to do with u.
(3)

Staffbull, you are grieving a great loss...the loss of a dream, the loss of a family farm, the loss of your heritage and your family history. It is okay to cry about what is happening.

You may never know exactly why your brother decided to stop farming. Maybe he has been thinking about it for awhile and the events of the past year or so resulted in him making a decision.

Go ahead and hang on to the hope that someday your brother will talk to you. I don't know the answer, but as you said, you "needed to process of this."

For right now, your Mom still has HER farm and I am glad that she is talking to a lawyer and sending a certified letter to your brother "asking him what are his intentions regarding the farming of the land he is renting". Considering how valuable your land is, I am sure that you can find someone to harvest the crop for you this fall.

And of course, "farmers help farmers" when they are in need. So if your brother doesn't harvest the crop or arrange for someone else to harvest the crop, don't be too surprised if one day, a bunch of tractors with corn pickers and combines show up at your Mom's farm and harvest the crop for you. C(:-)
(1)

Staff, I've said this before. I think your brother suffers from long standing mental illness. You can empathize with folks like him, but it's hard to rely on them for emotional support.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter