Follow
Read More
Colorescu I used to read the whine thread and then I just started posting. You keep posting and people will include you. We don't leave people out.
(5)

Coloresue...Noooooo! like Stacey said, I tend to go to the thread where I feel most familiar, and I post a lot of times and feel like I am just posting to myself...but then again, there are topics where I join in and have fun...but doesn't matter what you post....and I try to comment on most folks posts but my mind gets so messed up these days I can't remember things and I forget about a topic and by the time I remember it the conversation has moved to something else...and yet, we always circle back around...it's a fun thread...but I pop in and out on others as well...but please come back...you're always welcome .... :)
(2)

COLORESUE, Oh No! Please don't feel that way, I'm fairly new on here and am just getting my feet wet, and getting to know people! For such a long time I used to feel as if I were intruding in on other people's lives, and I would just hit the LIKE Button here or there, but I have come to know some folks, and unfortunately i tend to gravitate to the familiar. So I'm definitely sorry if I made you feel pushed out, and Please come back, I would Love to get to know you too! Also with lots of people changing up their names, I'm Still not sure who's who! Sincerely, Stacey B
(2)

Sendme,
Is your husband's arthritis severe enough to interfere with everyday life? Mine has RA and it's painful at times but he manages to work around it. He also has the help of his Rheumy.
(2)

Sendme,
So nice of you to ask. The water was perfect and my sister and I shelled and saw lots of interesting live creatures in and out of shells. Found some unusual shells, too. I loved it! Got a bad sunburn by trying to protect my face. Burnt my back despite strong sunscreen. Then my cousin from Mich. came for a nice visit with 9 of our family here!
Every day for 4 days we have the AC repairmen out because one of the systems isn't working right. Trouble in paradise! We have window units and fans to help us through.

I feel left out of the "whine" topic because it's turned into a great talk among a circle of friends. I just am not one of those friends. It is a good thing for them, and you are one of them. I just accept that that topic is closed to me. I get ignored if I post anything! I need to stay out of it & find some other topic. ;o)

Keep well and God bless!
(1)

Colorsue, how was your Sunday? Mine was on AC a lot, and having a nice lunch when hubby arrived home after church.
(2)

Luckylu, that is such a sweet story, blind faith, literally.

Stacey, I agree with you about getting another dog, however, with vet bills so high, we will never have another dog. I got a stuffed toy dog at tj maxx last night. On my way out, it was abandoned in a cart, so I grabbed it to buy as the store was
closing.
(2)

We had a weenie dog named "Kibbles".He was so lovable and funny.He lost both his eyes to diabetes but he acted like he still had his eyes.He had what my husband and I called "blind faith" and trusted the stairs,etc. to be like they always were.Our other dog,"Bubba" would help guide him inside and outside.It was beautiful and well never forget them.
(5)

My little Charlie-girl sleeps in til at least 9 every morning, and yet I'm up at 5 or 6, and when she wakes up, she is so darn happy to see me! I say to her "Good morning my little peanut, good morning my happy girl" and that really gets her jumping, such little things make the biggest difference when you have that to start off your day. If I knew that having a little pup would bring me this much joy, wow, I would have had one so much sooner! To those people who lose there pets to the normal cycle of life, well they should surely jump right back in with a new one as they just make everything better! Cheers Everyone! Stacey B
(2)

GA I know that bit I just don't want my family to know I am on here hun xxxx
(2)

soooo pretty!!!! beautiful!!! I"m sorry for your loss... ((hugs))
(2)

Yes, Hope, thanks for asking! She is an American Eskimo who always had a puppy smile who died late last year at the age of 14 3/4. She was a very good dog.
(2)

I love your avatar!! Is this your pup?
(2)

Positive, I can be positive, I am sure of it. My tech guy fixed my avatar, I am liking it! Had to make like, an appointment......it took three hours. I am positive that I like it.
(2)

I love this thread too. It reminds me of life...a good life.....this time of year also reminds me of fresh earth...right after it's been plowed under for the end of the season....when I was working my other job, I was on the road most of the time...most of out in the rural areas....vast expanses of farm land....I loved watching the land go from a field of spring flowers, to a crop of soybean or whatever and finally harvesting and then plowing under...Towards the end of the day I would find one of those old filling stations...and there are still lots of them in some of our more unpopulated areas...get myself a soda and just park my car off the side of the road and watch the farmers plowing their fields...sometimes I closed my eyes and remembered how much Daddy used to love this as well...and it helped keep me connected to him....

and the scent of leaves...hard to describe that one...but definitely they have a scent...kind of fruity, spicy...smoky as well....and the sound of them as they danced across the street when a brisk fall breeze blew....can't wait...getting excited just thinking of it...
(3)

Garden, we only had one Monarch butterfly this year, flew by our yard, looking around, then left. We have since planted, watered, and watched a sunflower grow big and bloom 7 huge flowers. We tried planting milkweed, but nothing happened.
Pink sky in the nights. Strange weather as of late. Love everyone's comments on this thread.
(2)

Ummmmm...the warm and wonderful scents of fall - I love them too!
(2)

Garden...I so love the change of seasons too! Especially the fall.....I think we will have an early fall. Our leaves are already turning pretty fall colors..I don't ever remember that this early into August...also the cicadas are singing much sooner...today looks like a pretty fall day here....

With fall comes the scent of sweet cinnamon pumpkin and spices...

Fresh apple pies and cobblers.

Beginning to jot down what treats I want to make for the holidays..whether i ever get to make them or not...

Lighting fall scented candles at night while I enjoy my coffee

Those coolish breezes that begin to drift this way...
(2)

Four and twenty blackbirds
Baked in a pie
When the pie was opened
The birds began to sing...
(1)

Next of Kin, Patrick Swaze. You ain't seen bad, but it's coming! Dealing with a mother with LBD makes this line very real on many occasions.
(1)

Falcon, Facebook can locate you by cross checking e-mails from people with whom you correspond. They pulled that with me - soliciting me to join on the basis that several people with whom I had corresponded had joined. There's only one way they could know that these people had e-mailed me, and that's by cross-checking their e-mails with my address as the parameter. Sneaky, sneaky and sneakier.
(1)

changing my name so that Facebook peeps can't find me
(1)

creating recipes for Send!!!!!!
(3)

Changing of the seasons....there was a hint of fall in the early morning air this morning. The ostrich ferns have already begun to segue into shades of gold, bronze and crimson.

Last night a cricket serenaded me for several hours. It's back again tonight. They usually don't begin their orchestral sessions until September or October.

I wonder, does this mean an early Fall or Winter?

Yesterday my special pleasure was to watch a Monarch butterfly land on a grapevine, rest for a moment or two, then fly over to the ostrich ferns and back again to the grapevine. After a long rest, it flew off toward the blooming mulleins, which I've allowed to grow prolifically to encourage pollinator plants and insects.

The simple sight of one butterfly was so soothing, so restful and so peaceful.
(2)

Send, yes reading is very educational though I really wish that I didn't have to do so much of it here! ;-)
(1)

Thank you, booksrme. Reading is a great pastime. Educational, too. That is why I also like to read here on the Aging Care forum.
(0)

Watching good movies, meeting friends,reading, reading, reading! Have been downloading books on my kindle.
(2)

James Herriot, one of my favorite authors, starting wih All Creatures Great and Small. Sleepy sheep! Just reading this author is calming, like meandering through the countryside would be.
(3)

I bought a nice new rocker/recliner for my Mom about a month before she passed away. Its sitting in my living room now.

One of my favorite things is every time I sit in it my one cat comes out from where ever he is and curls up beside me just under the crook of my arm and snuggles.
Every time.
(3)

Picking a fresh cucumber from your garden and eating it right then and there.

Laying in my back yard oasis I've created, sun slowly going down, watching the birds ( especially humming birds) bee's, dragon flies and all God's creatures go about their business before bedtime. So therapeutic.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter