If you can't cope
I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I won't let go
(3)

Tiramisu.

Sharing time with loved ones.

No more triple digit temps for months! Woohoo!
(4)

So many clocks!
Going from one room to another, some clocks have not been set back yet.
Some clocks have automatically set themselves back (The computer).

The phone had to be reset by calling ourselves.

My watch was way out of sync with the current time. In fact, the battery was dead and I had not noticed.

The clock in the car should be okay now, since we never changed the time last March. Not a problem because the sun was so bright, I could never read it anyway.

I am hoping that's all the clocks that need to be reset, just so there is no alarms going off at the wrong time, and no confusion.
(3)

In a world of lawlessness, be kind.
(4)

Some of my favorite things:
A evening of a Hot oil bubble bath by bees wax candle light, glass of semi dry red blend wine, can't put down paper back book with soft easy listening music in the background as I "relax my worries away".

Favorite movie line:
Tremors, Burt Gummer "I'm not paranoid I'm just prepared!"
(3)

Remembering that things were not always this confusing, that people used to be able to say what they meant, and it made sense to others.

I am going to hold the line on common sense. If someone says nonsensical things, I can ignore them.

Looking for still beautiful thoughts, words, and actions. Ways to show others that we still care.
(5)

Yes! I have participated in the birthday spanks and the pinch to grow an inch.
But I had to look up a loonie or a toonie, in Canada!
So sorry, ignorant here.
All I knew about were Loonie Tunes.

"Toonie" is a portmanteau word combining the number "two" with the name of the loonie, Canada's one-dollar coin. Two loonies would be equivalent to one "toonie", hence the name. It is occasionally spelled "twonie" or "twoonie", but Canadian newspapers and the Royal Canadian Mint use the "toonie" spelling.

In America all we have are Looney Tunes. Lol.
Looney Tunes Cartoons is an American animated television series developed by Peter Browngardt and produced by Warner Bros. Animation, based on the characters from Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies.[2] The series made its worldwide debut at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival on June 10, 2019,[3] and premiered on HBO Max on May 27, 2020.  Characters are Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Sylvester, Tweety bird, Yosemite Sam, Tom & Jerry, etc. Oh, and there is Porky Pig who stuttered, "TTTHAT'S all FFFFOLKS!

Oh my, cannot believe I said that....
(2)

I can not remember what we gave the kids for their teeth Send, probably a loonie or a toonie (surely we were not so cheap as to leave a quarter🤔)

But when I was looking after my g-niece and g-nephew I was remembering all kinds of things I had forgotten... like birthday spanks, one for each year. Plus a pinch to grow an inch 😆
(3)

There was never any coins in the birthday cake, CWillie, but raising my son the price for a tooth under your pillow went up. I put silver dollar coins under my son's pillow.

I imagine the face value of any silver dollar coin these days is much less in value than the actual coin.

That brings me to those teeth, saved all these years.
What to do when hard-pressed to clear out one's possessions, even the sentimental ones. And of course, who wants to be identified as the tooth fairy?
My husband said, save the teeth, for the DNA.
My mind just cannot go there!

I should have saved (buy them back) the coins. ha ha.
(1)

I try to recommend things that my psychiatrist had recommended to me.
When one spouse (like a husband goes golfing), the wife spends an equal amount of the budget on herself.

The have's and have nots.
The husband and the wife.
Happening here too.
It should not be that way.
Even though everything is never equal, wives should not be going without, acting like martyrs, and misrepresenting Christ as if Christ does not provide for
Christian wives, as well as husbands.
Dress like Jesus really loves you!
(0)

When I was little, my Dad was so strict that he, being a tree surgeon, 🌳would quickly cut a switch from our plum tree and chase us into the house, whipping at our heels as we got away every time. The sound of the whip could be heard going through the air, not making contact. We would be laughing, squealing, and almost fell over each other trying to get into the back door.

I am telling you this now, because we did not have social media back then.
(3)

A long time ago when I worked with little children,there was recipe for hiding little metal toys in birthday cakes in one of my craft books.
I always thought that would be so fun.
It's neat that your Mother did that cwillie~
(3)

When I was a kid mom used to hide coins in our birthday cakes; she would wrap the nickels, dimes and a quarter (lucky person who got that!) in waxed paper and push them into the bottom layer before filling and icing the cake. I've done a little googling and it does come up as some kind of rare Canadian thing, but it wasn't just my family who did that so maybe not so much rare as just a regional thing? Did anyone else here do this?
(3)

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.
(2)

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Here's looking at you, kid,

Go ahead, Make my day.

Bond. James Bond.

They call me "Mr. Tibbs".

"You don't understand! I coulda had class. ...

Hasta la vista, baby!

If you build it, he will come.

We'll never survive.
 Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has.
(3)

It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.

You're gonna need a bigger boat.

What are you talkin' to me for? She's the one with the gun.

Houston, we have a problem.

It's alive! It's alive!

I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
(4)

No way that woman is RIP, she's probably kickin up daisies to entertain the horses in a pasture somewhere.

So very funny.
(2)

I went to YouTube to see if I could find a video of Ocean singing the song (I did), but then I followed a few links and ended up with one of Jeanne Robertson's videos (the one where she sends "left brain" to the grocery store) and I laughed and laughed like it was the first time I'd heard it😂. Then I went to her main channel and discovered she had passed away about a year ago - RIP Jeanne😥.

But the videos are still available, and there are several newer ones I haven't seen yet. I think laughter is a beautiful legacy.
(4)

I was pretty sure it wasn't Elvis so I looked it up. According to Wikipedia

"Put Your Hand in the Hand" is a gospel pop song composed by Gene MacLellan and first recorded by Canadian singer Anne Murray from her third studio album Honey, Wheat and Laughter.
It became a hit single for the Canadian band Ocean, released as their debut single and title track to their debut album. The song peaked at No. 2 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, kept from No. 1 by "Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night.[2] The song also reached No. 4 on the Adult Contemporary chart.[3] It went on to become 22nd best-seller of 1971.

Ah, the golden days of Canadian music - the majority of songs on the radio were home grown and there were just so many fantastic bands.
(2)

Was it Elvis Presley who made this song famous?

"Put your hand in the man who stilled the water?"

Lyrics
Put your hand in the hand of the man
Who stilled the water
Who calmed the sea
Take a look at yourself
And you can look at others differently
From Galilee
(0)

So funny Gershun.
Lime green is not my favorite color.
(2)

Hey Send,

Hubs and I went to the beach today and saw quite a few full moons and they weren't the heavenly kind. Just saying.

Then there was the old man laying there in his lime colored speedo with his member almost at full attention. Good thing we had vomit bags in the car.

That was our day.
(2)

Who taught the sun where to stand in the morning?
And who told the ocean, you can only come this far?
And who showed the moon where to hide 'til evening?
Whose words alone can catch a falling star?

Full Moon at 99.3%
(2)

The problem with all you eat buffets is that translates in my brain to eat all you can. Ugh!

I do love all the desert options though and eat that first, just to make sure I have room:-)
(8)

CW, you inspired me to make my own shortlist of fave things.

Sunshine

Tacos

Going out dancing

Finding a great deal in a discount bin on something I really like or need

Arnold Palmers

"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." - Elizabeth Taylor

I like all-you-can-eat buffets but they don't like me. I always end up uncomfortable. lol
(4)

strawberries

kittens

that smell you get at the start of a gentle rain

birdsong

all you can eat buffets

central air, central heat and indoor plumbing

walking along nature trails, even the fake ones in the middle of urban areas that are really only a few meters wide

the beach on a calm day
(6)

Margaret wrote, about Worried in CA:

"I thought that some of her more difficult posts were probably post-alcohol. "

I'm not interested in starting a fight, but I think that kind of conclusion is unwarranted unless you have specific information that she was in fact drinking. Otherwise, you're "assuming facts not in evidence."

Have you ever worked or lived with a law enforcement officer? If you have, you might understand how challenging it can be, and how it may require someone of a very strong nature to cope well with the challenges the officers themselves face.

I exchanged PMs with Worried, but never saw anything other than coping challenges, and certainly never would have concluded that alcohol was involved.

In addition, I too have often found your "legal knowledge" lacking and flawed. Australia and the US obviously have different legal codes and it's inappropriate to assume that what you've learned through your career also stands for the US.

Send, your poem brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing such an insightful, emotional tribute to our flag.

Lee Greenwood also sang a moving tribute to our flag.
(4)

Johnny Cash portrays this poem:
🇺🇸

I walked through a county courthouse square
On a park bench an old man was sitting there
I said, your old courthouse is kinda run down
He said, naw, it'll do for our little town
I said, your old flagpole has leaned a little bit
And that's a ragged old flag you got hanging on it
He said, have a seat, and I sat down
Is this the first time you've been to our little town?
I said, I think it is
He said, I don't like to brag
But we're kinda proud of that ragged old flag
You see, we got a little hole in that flag there when
Washington took it across the Delaware
And it got powder-burned the night Francis Scott Key
Sat watching it writing O say can you see
And it got a bad rip in New Orleans
With Packingham and Jackson tuggin' at its seams
And it almost fell at the Alamo
Beside the texas flag, but she waved on though
She got cut with a sword at Chancellorsville
And she got cut again at Shiloh Hill
There was Robert E. Lee, Beauregard, and Bragg
And the south wind blew hard on that ragged old flag
On Flanders field in World War one
She got a big hole from a Bertha gun
She turned blood red in World War Two
She hung limp and low a time or two
She was in Korea and Vietnam
She went where she was sent by Uncle Sam
She waved from our ships upon the Briny foam
And now they've about quit waving her back here at home
In her own good land here she's been abused
She's been burned, dishonored, denied, and refused
And the government for which she stands
Is scandalized throughout the land
And she's getting threadbare and wearing thin
But she's in good shape for the shape she's in
'Cause she's been through the fire before
And I believe she can take a whole lot more
So we raise her up every morning
We take her down every night
We don't let her touch the ground and we fold her up right
On second thought, I do like to brag
'Cause I'm mighty proud of that ragged old flag
(7)

Margaret - WorriedInCA is not dead, she's fine. There are many many deaths and injuries caused by COVID vaxs which I don't wish to list here because I don't want to stir up any fights with fellow caregivers. Death rate in CA is not quite high. Let's agree to disagree.

I do miss earlybird, and a few other long time posters. Oh, and we haven't heard from Paul from UK for awhile now.
(2)

I rather miss ‘WorriedinCali’, who didn’t like my legal knowledge one little bit. I remember exchanges about whether 'locking out' was OK but 'locking in' was illegal. I thought that some of her more difficult posts were probably post-alcohol. She was strongly anti-vax, and I have worried that she might have died from it – the early death rate in California was quite high. Even if she was a trial to me, I hope that she is still OK.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter