Follow
Read More
Amazing,Thanks for sharing you favorite things with us.
(1)

Goodnight, Gershun!
(0)

Put up some white sheer curtains in the bedroom to let the morning light in.
Ths has already helped to regulate my sleep/wake cycle, wake with the sun!
(1)

Better yet-(from above fairy godmother advice), I would advise to keep some of that truth you are carrying in your heart to yourself.
See that orange rectangle bar that reads. 'POST COMMENT'.
For myself only, I am revising that to say: "Think before posting comment".

Sometimes, just cannot believe I said that, as evidenced by the fact that when runnng across an older post-thnking who said that? And it was me! Guess I wll be crediting original author more.
(1)

Goodnight Gershun!
(1)

My recent avatar photo is of a favorite actress, Helen Mirren. In the photo ,she is posing as your fairy-godmother type. The advice written ( which we cannot read-it's too small:
"What if your fairy godmother is the wisest, smartest version of yourself-whispering from the future:
'Stop treating yourself as an afterthought. Eat delicious food, walk in the sunshine, jump in the ocean. Say the truth you are carrying in your heart like a hidden treasure. Be silly, be kind, be weird.
There is no time for anything else.
(1)

1:30 a.m. and I am going to sleep now!
Goodnight Gershun!
Goodnight Glad!
Sharyn, are you still up?
(1)

I promise!
(0)

We went to a meeting at the city tonight, wow, that is more entertaining than any t.v., mystery movie, crime series, or even real life! It wasn't me, but the sheriffs were called due to a disturbance-I did not see it happen, but no one was arrested.
Phew, cause I could hardly sit in my seat at times. (There was a dog and children present) Really, it was not me.
(1)

The simplest things, like getting in my car, errands late night with hubby to walmart, stock up on gallons of vinegar. Gave him the list for groceries and I just looked around, shopping. He did great this time-and he found me instead of me searching the entire store. That made all the difference. Someone must be praying again. Thank you!
(2)

Listening to the rain while I crochet. Cant sleep and my cat is trying to play with water moving around in my water bottle...too cute.
(1)

You know, I heard in the news that just because you all didn't make the BIG jackpot lottery, doesn't mean you didn't something. Last year, there were at least 15 winners of the $1,000,000 from the big lottery - who did NOT claim it. So, before throwing away your tickets, make sure you didn't win the 'smaller' amount. I saw in our local news that one of my nationality actually won $1M from the lottery! Wow! He and his wife are residents of the US, not here on island.
(1)

I've daydreamed lots of time about winning the lottery. I would want the yearly income and not the one lump payment. And each year, after I put aside the money for the yearly tax to the gov't, I will put half of that to me (whether savings, CDs, trust funds, stocks/bonds, etc...). The other half will go towards my siblings. The ones who was here for me all these years as I caregave mom for 23 years and now with dad. That means fave sis will get the larger lump of that 50%. Then oldest sis - for being here Mondays thru Fridays. Then all other siblings a certain amount. It's only daydreams because we don't qualify for the lottery.
(1)

"NOT WANT THE EXTRA EXPENSES

my chances of winning are less than me becoming president of the USA, LOL!!
(0)

While winning the lottery sounds like a dream come true, the problems that come after may not be worth it.

I love my life as it is and yes, a windfall of money could solve many project issues and retirement, but do I want the extra expenses of a financial planner, the temptation to spend it on temporary pleasures? Oh to dream is nice, but reality is what I am use to,
(1)

Loving all the rain we are getting here in California. It is about time...My favorite things, listening to rain as I fall a sleep, how sweet is that.
(2)

It is the same here in California. However, some people may have guilt all depending on their beliefs and if they do, then I support them.
(1)

I feel no guilt about spending money on the lottery because in the state of Florida. Portion of the lottery funds collected go to enhance eduction! Yeah right!
(1)

You know, a decent RV, new, can cost upwards of $130 k. How many to buy?
(2)

Financial planning for winning the lottery: If I get a computer generated ticket, then copy the numbers and play it 4 times, and it wins, then the tickets would have to be split between 5 ticket holders, lowering the taxes for each winner.
Would that help? If I/we won?
(2)

Veronica! Would post all my sins on here, but unfortunately, word is already out- No one reads long posts!
Sharyn, just want to buy more lotto!
Jude, would have to pay taxes, net would not yield that much-if I won, husband would note likely be able to find me, maybe. O darn, community property state here!
Be back soon, re-arranging the bedroom! Remember the bathroom vanity we couldn't install? Well, brought it back inside yesterday, plumbing pending. Without a sink since summer. OK!!!!!!!
(1)

"Crystalline flakes drifting gracefully through the air down to a soft lovely bed on the ground...
"Houses and lawns covered in a fluffy white blanket..."

I've been shovelling twice today and will be shovelling again tomorrow. Bah humbug!!
(3)

Even though they're dangerous and confining, I still love a good winter weather event...

Crystalline flakes drifting gracefully through the air down to a soft lovely bed on the ground...

Soft winds that suddenly become rambunctious and rattle the windows, shake the trees, and assert their dominance....

Houses and lawns covered in a fluffy white blanket...

Concrete ribbons of transportation covered by snow, obliterating the paths we use daily to get to and fro...

Little critters that brave the frigid air to scurry about looking for food, or maybe just to get some exercise....

The excuse to putter around in the kitchen making a big pot of soup and biscuits or bread for a nice, rib-sticking meal...

The chance to be lazy and just curl up with a good book...

And of course the excuse to let the snow shoveling and excavation from the snow drifts wait until the wind abates, because it's just too cold to be outside.
(4)

Letterman: The odds [of winning] are only slightly less than if you'd never been born.

But still -- I love a good lottery!
(0)

My dear srndme, if you have violated your conscious by buying the lotto tickets, please forgive yourself as you are only human. Don't let guilt paralize you into bad thoughts about yourself. Forgive yourself as you would another.
(2)

Good neighbours who come and blow snow out of my driveway (and others) and ask nothing in return. OMG the snow was wet and heavy, I had already talked to my PSW and told her to take a snow day.
I sort of feel guilty because he is an old man, but as I watch him behind that snowblower I don't think her is overtaxing himself. Today I have snowblower envy lol!
(2)

Send? Just a thought...if you had won the lottery and presented a check for 400 million to Christian Aid how would he have felt then? Lets face it none of us need 400 million when we have another 400 million sat in a bank now do we?
(1)

Send if you feel so guilty you could go to confession then you could present yourself to hubby as cleansed and he might talk to you again, or not if that suites you better. Any minister will accept confession you don't have to be a member of a religion that formally offers them. Maybe just list all your sins and post them on the church notice board no name attached of course.
(1)

I love a slow lazy drive on country roads looking at the different farms.
(2)

Well that makes sense Sharyn. I have been so unproductive lately.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter