Follow
Read More
2 3 4 5 6
Yay for the needed rain!
(2)

Yay for the rain, Golden and Way!
(3)

Here too, Way. So thankful.🌧⛈🌧

Its raining in Fort Chip too which should help with that fire and also down where R is. Praise God!!! A bad fire west of where the condo is got out of control again but this should help a lot.

Love Neil Diamond!

One of my favourite things - a wood fire in the fireplace.
(4)

Rain , Yay.
it finally rained after about 6 weeks.
(3)

NHWM,
So many, many years ago, at the Greek Theater, Neil Diamond in concert.
(2)

Send,

I am going to watch it.

I wonder what progression will be made in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease. Mom suffered badly at the end of her life with it.

I am grateful to Michael J. Fox for his service in the field of Parkinson’s disease. I’m thoroughly impressed with his attitude and sense of humor. He was young when he was diagnosed.

Send, you have my number! I admit that I absolutely love this dog. I think he looks forward to seeing me too. He gets so excited and then runs over to where I keep his treats! LOL 😆 He always brings a smile to my face.
(4)

Good Morning everyone!
My smartwatch says 7 hrs. 33 minutes of sleep last night.
Almost 5 hours of deep sleep!

It makes a difference when pain from fibromyalgia and tendonitis in foot is treated.

I used Aleve and topical Voltaren.

NHWM, You are doing the right thing with your grand dog! I can't help but think that dog is yours anyway! I started thinking that the moment you posted his sweet face as your avatar.

I watched Tony Bennett's last performance.
You can google Neil Diamond's last performance on Youtube.
I liked watching the old guys, someone is older than me with hopes, dreams, and a purpose.
(4)

I am doing one of my favorite things right now. I’m watching my daughter’s dog for her today. I have completely fallen in love with his sweet face and disposition.

I would dearly love to get another dog. I can’t bring myself to do it though. I can’t face losing another pet. After my last dog died, I told myself that I would not get another one. I do miss having a pet.

For now, I am content with my granddog! He may be the only grandchild that I will ever have. 🤣
(4)

The Never Ending Story

GMORK: Foolish boy. Don’t you know anything about Fantasia? It’s the world of human fantasy. Every part, every creature of it, is a piece of the dreams and hopes of mankind. Therefore, it has no boundaries.
ATREYU: But why is Fantasia dying, then?
GMORK: Because people have begun to lose their hopes and forget their dreams. So the Nothing grows stronger.
ATREYU: What is the Nothing?
GMORK: It’s the emptiness that’s left. It’s like a despair, destroying this world. And I have been trying to help it.
ATREYU: But why?
GMORK: Because people who have no hopes are easy to control. And whoever has control has the power.
(4)

Missed that, Send. I think it’s great that he’s still able to perform! It’s an old one, from the late 60’s, Brooklyn Roads was a cool song. “I Am…I Said” was good.

I can’t say that I was ever a huge Diamond fan though. I have very eclectic taste in music so I occasionally listened to him.

Where did you see his performance? PBS?

I was amazed at Tony Bennett’s last performance. His wife has said that he really struggled with his dementia but when he got on stage he did well. Just fascinating how the brain can compartmentalize, isn’t it?
(3)

Songs pop into my memories in bits and pieces.

Did anyone see Neil Diamond in concert?
He is about 82 years old now and has Parkinson's.
Still alive.

Neil Diamond on Parkinson's and "A Beautiful Noise"
The life of singer-songwriter Neil Diamond has been dramatized, "warts and all," in the Broadway musical "A Beautiful Noise." Diamond, now 82, talks with correspondent Anthony Mason about continuing to sing; his diagnosis of Parkinson's disease (a condition for which he was, he says, long in denial); and about the calm that has - finally - moved into "the hurricane of my life."
APR 2, 2023
(4)

Here is a favorite from Golden:
"One of my favourite movie quotes is from the Princess Bride - when Buttercup and Wesley are in the Fire Swamp.

Buttercup: We'll never survive. 
Westley: Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has."

I am going to need to watch the Princess Bride.

But I still have "The Never Ending Story".
(3)

I'm with you on that one, cw. It's multipurpose for me - cooking/recipes, on line shopping (not just groceries), reading, researching, music, conversation, keeping in touch with people, games, meeting new people, videos/shows/ programs, probably more.
(4)

After living with service interruptions for the past week I can confidently say that the internet is one of my favourite things.
Games. Music. Conversation. The ability to look stuff up.
I honestly don't know how I'd survive without it (although I did get a few chores done that I'd been putting off)
(8)

i looooooooove rom coms.
that is all.

well maybe a few more sentences:
i've seen every rom com. seriously. no kidding around. but i just discovered a cute one i haven't seen yet. "finding you" (2021). so i'm enjoying that today, my perfect sunday :).
(5)

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things....

(7)

Happy to be a part of a fourth generation family. 😇💟😊💖🥳️💝👩‍🍼🐣
(4)

Cwillie,
It's been several weeks for my dH exercising.
The veins on his arms are sticking out.
So I took a double take.
I think he may be getting 'buff'. Lol.
(5)

I'm just home from my quilting group this morning Send - I just pin the pieces together or iron them, no talent required. Youtube has great videos for every level of fitness but the algorithms tend to push all those 30 something buff instructors so you have to be careful not to let that discourage you.
(4)

Cwillie,
Dh has been watching a very similar exercise video from the Silver Sneakers and AARP programs, free, online.

One instructor said if you cannot do squats, do leg lifts.

I do not do the same exercises because of fibromyalgia, but it looks fun.

Where have you been?
(3)

Golden,
You are very inspiring.
I agree about squads, I don’t do it everyday, but I also do weights, steps, biking. But I do 100 a day, 3/4 times a week.
Eating well, but I love carbs, I hardly eat junk, and I never ever diet.
I run and do things all day and my weight is the same.
And like you, I love reading and learning. I would read half a night if I could.
Shame on me, I have treadmill in the basement, put Spanish lessons book on it, so do two things exercise and learn, have done very little of as I find treadmill boring, used to be my husband who exercised on it.
Lucky for us it is getting warmer and snow is melting, walking would be good.
(1)

Thanks, cw!
(0)

This are my favourite playlists NHWM

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-8fyND0sPmNQt4GdHzDNbAgwhrTXUzO5

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3e6WOKu6j3P_t5UKhfciUkqGW3MU3L9b
(2)

Way - Don't know about others but, I bring up the squats b/c if you are going to do only one exercise, squats are the one to do as they benefit so many muscle groups, they don't need any equipment and you can do them anywhere. Having CFS/FM I have to be very economical with exercise. As you get older having decent muscle strength makes a big difference in lots of ways, balance for example.

My dd was studying to be a personal trainer and she was very good with people who were out of shape and/or older b/c cause she took it very slowly and stressed at the beginning to build a habit. Not to be concerned how many or how fast or whatever but just do a few so you build it into your day. Then once you have the habit, you can concentrate on doing the exercises better. Makes sense to me.
(4)

Way,

I don’t remember if we went on that ride. Oh my gosh, I got claustrophobia on the 20,000 leagues under the sea ride! Hahaha 🤣.

I always go for the roller coaster rides! I also love the free fall rides, Tower of Terror was fun. We would get out of line and go right back in to do those.

I like Disneyland too. Pirates ride is actually better in California than in Florida. So is Indiana Jones and Space Mountain.
(3)

Need ,Golden ,
Not sure about if now . But years ago there was a cute Viking ship ride in Epcot at Disney World.
(4)

cw,

I am going to check out the video and will let you know if I see the light! LOL 😆
(2)

Golden and Way,

I have always loved the Viking ships! Very cool looking vessels.
(2)

Golden, that’s exactly what my knee exercises do. They technically are thigh muscle strengthening exercises .i need to start doing them again

I think it’s funny that your squats get brought up often 😂😂
(2)

way - mother believed the Vikings ruled the world and were never conquered. She took statins. I can't - they affect my muscles but my cholesterol reasonable. My father was English/Welsh and my mother Norwegian so we are similar that way. When joints are bothersome, building up the related muscle helps to support them.

cw - I am sure it is good. With CFS/FM I couldn't possibly do it without crashing. My knees screamed when I started the squats too. In fact my knees were bothering me on the stairs, but not any more. I just took it very slowly. Nothing wrong with bringing something good to other people's attention.
(3)

2 3 4 5 6
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter