Follow
Read More
Thanks everyone, for your responses. Great to see you here!
This will be one of my favorite places when the sun is too hot to go outside.
(4)

I love to spend time with the other end of the spectrum, my neighbor's 7year old twins who have adopted me!! And of course a good snuggle with my pups, who have saved my life more than once. Unconditional love!
(6)

Hahaha...Jude...I am reading your poems to the appropriate music of course...how funny..thanks, I needed that chuckle...

A few of my favorite things..

Early morning coffee on the deck with my babies.
Creekbanking and floating down the river in an inner tube (Jeanette...I know we're related)
Falling asleep while watching old B&W movies..especially horror flicks.
(5)

My favorite things are;

Being outdoors. Floating down Oregon's gorgeous rivers catching trout, pulling up on the bank and frying some up for lunch, then continuing on down.

Splashing about in the pool. Better yet, teaching my big pibble how to splash around in the pool and float in her raft. haha... we are water girls :)

Tinkering around my house, tending the garden and creating my back yard sanctuary.

That's about it... I do have some favorite things I used to do. No need to go backwards though :)
(7)

My favorite time of the day is when I feed the birds and then watch them come in with my Mother peering out our kitchen window.And I love to play mini concerts on my marimba for my Mother.She always has me play "Love Makes The World Go Round.Alot of times I think of Caberet and Zippity Do Daa..
(7)

Love the poems Jude! Some times when I have a rough visit to NH, my favorite thing is to come home to my own home, get a furry blanket, flop on the couch, get into the fetal position under the blanket and try to not eat chocolate!!!!!
(5)

Watching the birds as they feed their chicks
My very old clock that I managed to fix
Having a clean tidy room that I like to be in
These are a few of my favourite things

Tightly made beds with crisp ironed sheets
A week that goes by without people to meet
Watching the swans as they glide silently away
This is a favourite of mine every day

Mulling over albums with pictures of Dad
Remembering all the fun times he and I had
Laughing and giggling and speaking pig latin
While mum scowled and snarled in her blouses of satin

When she kicks off
When she starts to scoff
When I'm feeling blue
I'll simply remember that this is a phase
And then talk to all of you

Because you really are my life line xxx thank you
(11)

Absolutely! I am positive that the above parody is an original!
I just cannot be laughing this hard, the endorphins are killing me.
(5)

Poo on commodes while I watch and I listen
Boiling up kettles a new tea pot to christen
Brown plastic bin liners tied up and left
Robbed of a life - I feel bereft

Cream coloured diapers and crisp panty liners
Doctors and nurses Oh is there anything finer?
Wild geese that dragged me back here just to care
Yes I can moan and yes I do dare

Her in pyjamas with tea stains all over
Refusing to put on her nice new pullover
Silver white hair that she brushes all day
God help you if you take her mirror away

When the Cow snarls
When her words sting
When I'm feeling tied
I'll simply remember my lot in this life
And then commit suicide

Just a parody and no I won't - I wouldn't give her the satisfaction!
(14)

The sun will come out, tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar there'll be sun!
(2)

Fiddle-dee-dee! Must get the Haagendaz ice cream out before bed. One of my favorite things.
(5)

Whoops - in case anyone doesn't remember, the quote is in the final scene of Gone With the Wind, spoken by Scarlett O'Hara.
(4)

"Tomorrow is another day" has always been one of my favorites, especially if today is a bad day!

SendMe2Help, I think folks just scroll through the messages page by page until they find a thread to which they want to respond. I don't believe there's any way to tag threads. You could just keep bumping the thread up to keep it more visible.
(6)

Thanks for posting some of your favorite things. I couldn't find my way back here easily. How is anyone going to find it?
(4)

Favorite useful movie quotes.....Gone in Sixty Seconds " I'm a little tired, I'm a little wired and I think I deserve a little appreciation". Lost in Space " Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!"
(9)

In the movie "The Wedding Planner" someone used the phase "Is there's a problem in the room", and since then my best friend and I will use that whenever there is a situation, such as a boss who is being unreasonable, only we understand, and start giggling.

Oh yes, Jacquie Lawson's video cards, they are really nice. My boss uses that website for all the holidays and birthday greetings :)
(7)

SendMe, thanks for the compliments, but if you read between the lines, you can see that's what I'm trying to do now. If you saw me last after I left the hospital, you wouldn't think me to be a very lovely person. I'm sure the discharge planner who was trying to manipulate me didn't think so, although in the long run her opinion of me doesn't matter at all.

I've just posted something on one of Jude's threads that you may enjoy. Have you ever seen Jacquie Lawson's artful video cards? They're extraordinary. Her site is .....jacquielawson with the standard prefixes and suffixes (eliminated her here to avoid having the link deleted).
(8)

Amazing, Garden Artist! Your answers are not off topic at all. You must be one of those lovely people who abound in wonderful thoughts and activities. Truly, a real artist. Thank you for sharing a beautiful part of yourself. You have lightened my day.
(8)

Great topic!

Unfortunately, chocolate tops the list for immediate gratification and redirection of thoughts, but it generally results in a headache later.

Best of all therapy though is getting out in the yard and gardening, or even just puttering around. Years ago a little rabbit became so friendly it accepted whole wheat bread from my hand. Then one day it moseyed up to my foot and just took a nap! The contact and connection with this furry little creature was just so soothing.

Once a butterfly landed on my hand. It was an amazing experience.

Music is of course high on the list. Reading, whether garden magazines or favorite author's novels is right up there.

Garden crafting, needlework (embroidery and quilting) are also favorite activities, as are cooking and kitchen puttering. Especially enjoyable is just impromptu activity - making something special - hearty soups in the winter, fresh veggie salad combinations in the summer.

Sometimes just a glass or cup of heated cider is enough to rechannel thoughts.

Sending cards to family and friends is a nice way to start the day. Just looking through beautiful cards is relaxing, writing the message helps the "reach out and touch" need, and the envelopes after decoration with lovely address labels, coordinating theme stamps to the extent possible, and other colorful stamps are nice just to view and indulge in some real enjoyment of the blend of colors and objects.

I usually choose a theme especially for the person. A relative who also loves military planes get a card with a Purple Heart or similar postage stamp, VFW or other military charity address label, with plenty of either stamps or glued on cut-outs of our favorite planes. It's not quite as exhilarating as going to an air show, but it creates that same sense of excitement.

Rubber stamps used to be a favorite for decorating envelopes. I had two of a charming Victorian cottage, in the summer and in the winter. For summer correspondence, I used rubber stamps and various colored ink pads of flowers; for winter I used reindeer, snowflakes and sleighs. Sometimes the envelopes were so pretty I didn't want to send them!

This is a little off the chosen topic, but I'm speaking also to those things that give me pleasure and induce relaxation.

I'm anxious to see where this post goes, thinking it will around and around as we each share and stray a little bit from the original questions.
(18)

Movie: Mumford. Topic: a fake therapist is teaching his patient to be positive, or she won't get better, so he says: "Are you POSITIVE your Mom's a b--ch?
(10)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter