Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3
lol, ' jesus take the wheel "
had an old friend once who was 80 yrs old at the time, junkyard propriator. in his old age he didnt drive (or even see) worth a shit . he had a front license plate that proclaimed jesus was his copilot. my sons and i always mused how jesus surely bailed years ago..
(1)

sonnuvabitch mishka,
youve got me listening to an entire black sabbath album on you tube. the musical clarity is shocking.. mmmmm
(0)

Haha Cap'n--better than Captain and Tenielle! ( sorry Jujubean-was it you who got stuck on it?) ---Ooooo-just saw your name in that--hee hee. A little different than Capnhardass!

I sing to my girl Everything's Alright from Godspell-the Mary Magdalene part--

",Try not to get worried
Try not to turn on to
Problems that upset you
(oh) Don't you know
Everything's all right
Yes everything's fine
And we want you to sleep well tonight
Let the world turn without you tonight"

Reminds me of your song, Book
(0)

I am more into fiction books that I am into music/movies. I don't know most of these songs you all are mentioning. I just now listened on YouTube..Calling all Angels (Yes! Thumbs Up!!!) ...Don Quixote but the wordngs weren't very clear to me... I never heard of "Tthey're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Ha by Napoleon...just watched that. (Yes! Thumbs Up!! I even giggled on some parts.)...Darn, I have to go visit father at the hospital. I will continue when I get back home....
(1)

Take This Job and Shove It....... some C and W, Or the theme music from 'Clockwork Orange"......
(4)

Or 'Dark Side of the Moon', by Pink Floyd.... ya, this is the one....
(1)

oh clockwork orange, had seen that on a holloween list of top creepy movie's of all time...I netflixed it and apparently my situation or old age has made me adverse to creepiness and violence cuz I just plain old don't enjoy a good scary movie anymore I think it was "Saw" that turned me...that clown faced talking thing scared the crap outta me. and not been ok since but I digress...

I am curious bout some of these songs now too...will check em out manana!!
(0)

"They're Coming To Take Me Away, Hey Hey", has been my theme for some time now. That is my story and I'm sticking to it, Hey Hey!!
(3)

i have my flag on the dark side of the moon. squatters rights, please go away and dont step on my mushrooms..
(1)

I gotta agree with sharymarie..."they're comong to take me away" has to be in the top ten! (been singing that one myself this morning)
How about a little reggae/Bob Marley? This one always helps lift me up when I get those caregiving blues...

"Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou:")

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', "This is my message to you-ou-ou:"

Singin': "Don't worry about a thing, worry about a thing, oh!
Every little thing gonna be all right. Don't worry!"
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing" - I won't worry!
"'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."

'Cause every little thing gonna be all right" - I won't worry!
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing, oh no!
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!

Mishka - I love "everything's alright" too - great song! (it's from Jesus Christ Superstar though, not Godspell...easy to mix them up though!)
(2)

Yaya....right on! I thought that same thing yesterday when cooking dinner..."of course there is Bob, cant go wrong with a Lil Reggae" ...I was singing three lil birds to myself.
I love this post cuz it is making me think! I mentioned earlier somewhere music was a big part of my life before mom, and now I don't even have time or energy to put together a playlist etc..we have no radio out in country anymore!
So i kept thinking bout this headline and all my go to songs from days back and that's when Bob came in...of course, you cant hardly be sad to a reggae song even if it is!!! and his message!
(1)

yaya- Oh, yeah-JC Superstar!! --I actually wondered about that later in the night as I was looking for it on my Kindle Fire music store!! But I could not find it with JC either!!
From Les Mis- "I Dreamed a Dream" is good for days when you just want to mope. The last stanza is a real zinger---
"I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed"
:o(

(Love Bob Marley, BTW! I had two gold fish in college -Bob and Ziggy - unfortunately I put them by the window sill on a hot day and cooked them. What can I say?--I was a freshmen. )
(2)

I got a Jack Russel Terrorist names Ziggy!
Ziggy's Love is my Religion.....that is another song I go to for a smile!

I had to tell ya I posted yesterday on "grossed out" about my mom's cockatiel I cooked!! she wanted me to train him, he was on my shoulder while cooking, spooked n hit the rangetop slide down plop into spaghetti noodles...it was awful but we laff now, what a way to go!!!
(0)

Oh, jujubean-- I don't feel so bad about my fish now!

Jack Russell Terrorist -hee hee
(0)

Ok Tom Petty's I wont back down! I freaking love that song!!!

"you can stand me up at the gates of hell and I wont back down"
(1)

ok last one. This one is very special to me and I wanted to share it cause it is such a hauntingly beautiful song and fits so appropriately with the day I am having! It is by Andrea Bocelli-Time to say Goodbye!! This song was already a fav of mom n I and "Miraculously" was playing in the moments dad left us...I remember we were down to the wire that nite and it came on and mom n I just sang and told dad it is OK, just go..and he did!!!! NO SHIT...you cannot make this stuff up!!!! Music is POWERFUL!

Please look that one up for DAD today!!!
(1)

That song turned dads death, a awful experience, into a joyful one in a million memory and was sign #2 in the process that there is a higher power!!!
(0)

Ok one more.....and I am done I swear!
When we driving round making arangments for dad, I looked over and my rock n roll hating mother (dimetia now) let her guard down and was tapping her toes and humming to Greenday's Novocaine....We had just bought the cd American Idiot, I popped it in and never had heard it before
It became our themesong along with "wake me up when september ends"
WE listened over n over n over n over!!!! It got me thru the whole funeral and beyond!!!
(0)

I like the idea of Dark side of the Moon by Pink Floyd and I won't back down by Tom Petty. Both are good songs for us.
(0)

Here is a song not is not well known from Elton John. The Bad side of the Moon. Some lyrics I have here. There ain't no need for watchdogs here to justify our ways We live our life in manacles. The main cause of our stay
Exiled here from other worlds My sentence comes too soon Why should I be made to pay On the bad side of the moon
I'm a light world away From the people who make me stay Sitting on the bad side of the moon
I'm a light world awayFrom the people who make me staySitting on the bad side of the moon, yeah
Who is my life, who is my life, who is my life Who is my life, who is my life, who is my life Who is my life, who is my life, who is my life...

What do you think?
(0)

if anybody is planning a trip to the dark side of the moon please bring beer. these shrooms get kinda phsycotic-y without beer..
(3)

Ah capn - I wouldn't mind getting "Comfortably NUMB" right about now....

For anyone coping with dementia how about Baba O'Riley by The Who, except instead of teenage wasteland call it senile wasteland. Actually very funny how well it fits!
(2)

Senile Wasteland...."Their all wasted" Too funny!!!
(0)

Worn by Tenth Avenue North
(0)

Strong Enough by Matthew West
You must, You must think I'm strong
To give me what I'm going through
Well, forgive me, forgive me if I'm wrong
But this looks like more than I can do on my own

I know I'm not strong enough to be
Everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up, I'm not strong enough

Hands of mercy, won't You cover me?
Lord, right now I'm asking You to be
Strong enough, strong enough
For the both of us, yeah

Well maybe, maybe that's the point
To reach the point of giving up
'Cause when I'm finally, finally at rock bottom
Well, that's when I start looking up and reaching out

'Cause I'm broken, down to nothing
But I'm still holding on to the one thing
You are God and You are strong
When I am weak

I can do all things
Through Christ who gives me strength
I don't have to be strong enough
Strong enough

I can do all things
Through Christ who gives me strength
And I don't have to be strong enough
Strong enough, oh, yeah

Strong enough
(2)

A silly song I like to help lift my mood:
I'd like to be
Under the sea
In an octopus' garden
In the shade

He'd let us in
Knows where we've been
In his octopus' garden
In the shade

I'd ask my friends
To come and see
An octopus' garden
With me

I'd like to be
Under the sea
In an octopus' garden
In the shade

We would be warm
Below the storm
In our little hideaway
Beneath the waves

Resting our head
On the seabed
In an octopus' garden
Near a cave

We would sing
And dance around
Because we know
We can't be found

I'd like to be
Under the sea
In an octopus' garden
In the shade

We would shout
And swim about
The coral that lies
Beneath the waves
(Lies beneath the ocean waves)

Oh what joy
For every girl and boy
Knowing they're happy
And they're safe
(Happy and they're safe)

We would be so happy
You and me
No one there to tell us
What to do

I'd like to be
Under the sea
In an octopus' garden
With you

In an octopus' garden
With you
In an octopus' garden
With you

The Beatles
(3)

id like to be,
on lsd.....
(what the beatles really meant..)
(2)

my mood today is blue, so Everybody Hurts by R.E.M, makes me cry then picks me up
(4)

Cap~Yeah, the Sgt. Pepper LP is full of references, LOL!!
(0)

twopupsmom~Me too today. Some songs are good for crying and then we feel lifted up. I hope today you are lifted and you are singing by dinner time!! Hugs!
(1)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter