Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Send, I will probably steal this "We do not plan on making you into our family's caregiver or housekeeper, however we are looking forward to having you as a neighbor and tenant, without obligation to reimburse for the decreased rent"

FF, from what I can see, I think Carol and her daughter have a very good relationship but their one bone of contention is that when Carol is there, she does too much, especially for the kids. The daughter wants the kids to be responsible for their own chores/laundry etc and Carol wants to keep busy and feel useful.
(2)

With all the free time that Carol has, she should do some volunteer work to help keep her busy. I know local hospitals always need volunteers, especially for manning the front information desk. Or volunteer at the Senior Center, or an Independent Living/Assisted Living complex..... and public libraries like to have volunteers. Just a thought.
(2)

FF, she was taking continuing Ed classes at the college before she had to give that up to take care of my Mom. She will probably start that again. She is also keeping her eyes open for another companion care position like Mom's started out.

I am pretty sure that if the right opportunity comes along, she will take it just to keep active. Gosh, she is the exact opposite of my mother.
(3)

Mom2Mom,
Is Carol still with you?
How is that working out?
She is someone you appreciated so much, and I wish you the best.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter