Follow

The mom got her first shot of Moderna 3/29. The dad got his J&J one-and-done with us 4/6. The mom then started passing this "headcold" to and from SIL by the 15th. By the 21st, she was in the ambo. Covid. Then they tested the dad. Covid.

That SIL had finagled the whole family into thinking that the vaccine wasn't available to her. Oh why? Because we're supposed to think you're in your 40s when we all know you're about what, 66-67 by now? 65+ were eligible 4-6 weeks before us at 50+. And did you do it then, oh no, you said you couldn't get a colonoscopy? For real? LIAR.

Oh, and then SIL gets the mom to press SO to go take the dad up 30 miles away for an operation right before his day job because she was psychologically scared of what would happen to her with the second jab. And she's being paid.

That SIL had to put it off on age was horsecrap. She's 65+ and was eligible 4-6 weeks before just on age alone! And then it was how her colonoscopy had to be put off if she got the shot when even CDC says it doesn't have to be. LIAR.

If you think I'm mad, SO is even more mad and SO has told his parents. But, you know, this is their paid worker that they're invested in to "care" about them and who's now the filter to get to them! Usually we can't have a conversation without her fat behind around.

So to any of you saying that siblings don't help, this is why they don't. That SIL is getting $65K, and right now (hopefully it'll get better) SO is struggling to make that driving all over, pulling people's toilets and fishing their buttwipes and tampons out of his equipment personally after. For the same amount. So as this is SIL's job, BIL (who already has a good job) gets to benefit, and we're all told to do it whenever SIL doesn't want to? At peril to SO's day, literally "s--t" job that we need?

Well. No.

For anyone who wants to know why siblings don't help? It is usually because siblings, their reps, or the parents themselves have made the available one the authority.

SO has already had to deal with this Brother's Wife telling him to not stink up his childhood room and not take a shower in the parents' house because SIL had the paid housekeepers come for the aide. I've had to deal with her after we came for a volunteer all nighter late, making rancid soup for FMIL and instructing us not to eat it. I got hungry and cold and ate it. Oh my God, Diarrhea the next day. The next day SO came over and saw his mom trying to choke it down, sniffed it and had a huge hissy fit to brother. We wouldn't even have fed our chickens that.

But that's what they want. Her. That's largely why our help is limited. Her. Her first order of business here was to vaccinate herself, then them. And SIL, quit pretending that the actual family thinks you're like 49. Everyone knows you're what, 66-67. Thus you were eligible in February.

OK, sorry for this being particularly ranty. The tl;dr is that SIL is a manipulative female bully who neglected the first order of business here. And because she's who they want that's going to continue.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
FMIL just underwent extreme chemo that destroyed her lymphocytes, basically. So it was not surprising that after contracting covid, she would go to the hosp in an ambo. It really is because she had that one dose that she was able to come home. County reached out to her and they did some monoclonal antibody therapy so she would not end up in the hosp. But then this SIL just transported her to get the next covid shot because it was...what, on her card?

Did you not read the directions DIL? Like anything from the FDA, CDC? Even if you just watch TV? Or have animals even (she does). Anyone knows you have to wait to vaccinate newborn ANYTHING MAMMAL and that is because they have artificial antibodies.

These people are old, and yeah still in charge of their POA, but they TRUST you. Is it not enough for you to take one less smoke break to see this?

I don't know how to make him PCR-covid negative so he can have his stroke operation. I offered suggestions to get his medical team involved, which Brother's Wife has agreed to.

Brother's Wife, frankly, has pissed off her whole family enough so they barely talk. She doesn't have a family and had no financial security before latching on to them. Of course. They're 1 percenters. Seven figure people. It's already paid base ($65K is very generous for paid base) and she just tells them that she MAY NOT feel well and they go to a person who's literally pulling toilets to deal with HER job duties?

I can't even with this family. And for reference, they are both still in their 70s and SO is 56 competing with 30-yos for the opportunity.
(1)

I have little faith in the vaccine but beyond my worry is the arrogance/self assuredness of those who have it thinking they are home free, won't get it and can be near anyone with no concern about getting it or giving it to someone else. I don't trust anyone so will continue to take the easy common precautions. I will control what I can.
(0)

Thanks Polarbear. I'm aware of this, but I'm also aware an unvaxed person has 20 times the likelihood of transmitting to someone else.

So, this person is tasked with being around these two old sick people all day, and she acted like she couldn't get it before 4/1 like us. When she could on age alone a month ahead of time. Then she had this "colonoscopy" scare that she said she couldn't get the vaccine for. LIAR. Then she had the "head cold" that passed to FMIL/FFIL, one of whom STILL is covid positive and can't get his stroke operation.

I will ALSO add that SIL just deposited FMIL at the infusion clinic where they gave her monoclonals after she got Covid. And then to her second shot a week later.

The FDA sheet says you have to wait 90 days after a vaccine. It works on exactly the same principle of why there's a delay in newborn vaccination.

But she's the authority. The gatekeeper. A paid gatekeeper, I might add. She just invokes "family" when she doesn't want to work, and she did it the other day when SO actually HAD to work.
(1)

PeggySue - so sorry your parents contracted the virus. Hopefully, their vaccines help them fight the virus and not get as sick. That's the whole purpose of the vaccine, to help the body fight if/when the virus is contracted. The vaccines do not keep the virus away. Vaccinated people can still catch the virus and pass it around to other people.

To be fair to SIL, even if she was vaccinated, she still could catch the virus and pass it on to your parents. The difference with SIL being not vaccinated is that her body has not been prepared to fight the virus, hence, she might be sicker.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter