Follow

Boy oh boy, have I missed my Agingcare faceless family! And although that might not be a mutual feeling for every or anybody, I’m glad to be back! My Apple ID was hacked in December and EVERYTHING from bank account to emails was compromised and had to be shut down. One word: nightmare. Recovering from ID theft is a total nightmare for so many reasons. As if caring for my mom wasn’t enough of a challenge! Oh, the universe has a shrewd method of madness at times.

I hope everyone made it through the holidays with their sanity and a ginormous hug to all of you here.

susan

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Susan, what a heartbreaking story, and especially from a member of the family!

I don't know what your mother's state of mind is, but if it's good, she should have a new DPOA or POA drafted, cancel the existing one and notify him his powers have been revoked.  

Either way, I see criminal action involved.   Are the police involved?

There's also the consideration of notifying IRS of the false returns he prepared for your mother, and sic them on him!

If you need help moving, you might consider a Veteran owned company.  In my experience they're far more flexible, reliable and competent, and are my first choice for contractors, especially after tradesmen and other contractors demonstrated a high level of unreliability.
(1)

Welcome back
(1)

Thank you!
Its still being investigated and sadly, it’s looking like my moms brother may be the culprit. For the last 30 years he has made it priority to interfere and at one point , destroy me and my life in various ways. Also, he had worked at Honeywell since the 1960’s as a computer scientist type job; add his knowledge, focus at messing with me and being moms durable poa- well...
over the years he has done things like cancel mom and mine debit card without notice, he’s done moms taxes since forever until last year I took them to h and r block and we found out he’s been claiming more for her income to the tune of $20,000-$25,000, and his latest stunt after messing with moms account autopay put moms house into foreclosure and he didn’t bother saying anything, we didn’t find out until end of November and auction date is February 18. Luckily, a house flipping group bought the house but we still have to move after moms been here 44 years and is the original owner. Yes, I’m sending him the revocation today. Mom was in denial up until recently regarding his crap he’d been pulling all these years. I feel bad for her having to accept it plus the effects from it. I have 8 weeks to pack up sort through and get rid of a three bedroom 1800 sq ft house by myself and it’s very bittersweet. Sure we are moving into a new home but at the same time my moms been forced to make such a major change and is still alive while I have to sift through her life and downsize. He is truly a waste of skin her brother.
Im just glad I can vent.
xoxoxo
susan
(2)

Glad you are back and what an awful story. You are our new EXPERT on ID theft. I bet there is a whole lot you can teach us! Welcome back.
(2)

Sorry to learn of this unfortunate, unsettling and frightening situation.    Do you have any idea how the hack occurred?     Were the authorities able to trace and identify the hacker(s)?    My guess is on Russia!    It has a reputation for hacking, although not necessary monetarily.
(1)

Susan: So glad to see you back!

ID theft is the worst. Hope that is all behind you. (((((hugs))))))
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter