Follow

This is only the 2nd time I've ever posted. But, I read often. I take care of my 92 year old mother. She has been here for 5 years now. Her problems are physcal. My problems are usual. Sibllings that don't want to help. The feeling of being tired. People not understanding. The feeling of when will I get my life back. and then I read something here. And I see that so many people have so many other problems, worse problems and I am so thankful for your shareing . You are all a blessing. Thanks Pam

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
We are all lucky that we have this site! We can complain, whine, feel sorry for ourselves and not have to worry that no one will understand. It's a great place to learn from caregivers who have been at this for years. There are all kinds of circumstances and family dynamics, but most of all there is love and understanding. I have been on this site for 3 years and have made fantastic friends all over the country and a couple elsewhere. I even spent a week with a wonderful friend that I met here! I am planning to make another trip this year to meet a few more of my online friends, that is if Mom's situation permits!
My mom is soon to be 86 and suffers from Parkinsons and late stage dementia. She is a handful, so coming here to vent and have fun has been a great experience!
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter