Follow

Thank you to those responding to my question regarding siblings can’t, won’t, don’t help. Distancing is in place and I haven’t responded to my sister’s emails and texts for months. I keep both brother and sister informed via a group text. It’s hardest on my parents who miss out on the interaction but I suppose it’s not quality they would be receiving anyway.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Dear onmyownyetagain,

Thank you for the update. It's incredibly hard dealing with siblings. I know for myself, I still feel resentment and anger. It's been 5 years since my dad passed and I still wished things could have been different.

Please do what you must to protect your own mental health.

Thinking of you.
(0)

I am right there.Im sorry it's unbelievable added stress to know they don't give a shit what you are dealing with especially if your parent is a abusive narcissist.Pitying and making a priority of the 2 siblings who scream at her,steal from her and mooch money.They even called aps on me saying I wasn't helping Mom.I had shattered ribs bedridden and pneumonia.She told them I wasn't helping...Shattered ribs at work!One doesn't even work!Other drinks alcohol all day while she works at kroger deli!But I'm the bad guy!I have done nothing but help mom and keep close to 30,000 Dad left her and pay bills get discounts promotions.!Just keeping bills down and paying them.Dealing with it all.Sorry im sad tired angry hurt etc.
(0)

Thank you for the follow-up info. I'm so sorry it has to be this way but you are definitely not alone. Your siblings can always write them letters, send cards and pictures. May you retain peace in your heart!
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter