Follow

Over the past few years, I have read this forum looking for answers to the questions I had. I found support here. Dad passed away on January 11, 2021 and Mom followed him in the early hours of this morning. They were both victims of the pandemic.

I just wanted to say thank you for the wisdom and the support of this community.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
"MJ1929,"

I'm sorry to hear that your mom now has COVID - just when you were getting her settled in with hospice care.

You're so right, this isn't how it's supposed to go and like I told someone on another thread, I'm realizing more and more how so many of the things we work hard at to have a specific outcome doesn't happen and we are often surprised by a curve ball thrown at us.

My prayers continue to be with you and your mom.
(1)

MJ,

I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

Many hugs.
(1)

Heartbreaking. I'm just so sorry.

My mom was just diagnosed with Covid on Wednesday. I'm hoping she can fight it off. This wasn't how they were supposed to go.
(1)

I'm so sorry for your loss.
It's never easy to lose our loved ones but this time has made it so much harder in many ways. I'm truly sorry.

I love this forum too. My grandmothers passed away about 1.5 years ago, and I still check back here to read wisdom, funny stories, sad stories, and sometimes share something about these two wonderful ladies that I loved so much.

Stay around, talk to us anytime! We're here.
(1)

rdmeyers,

I am so very sorry for your loss of your parents.

It is devastating to lose loved ones under any circumstances, but losing them to COVID-19 is an additional heartache.

No one ever dreamed of having to lose the people we love in this way, which makes the situation so much harder.

Wishing you peace in this heartbreaking situation.
(1)

How tragic-my sincere condolences. Your parents are gone but your memories of them lives on, cherish them all.
(1)

I am so very very sorry for these losses, both so close together. I hope you are, if only a little bit, relieved to have your parents at peace. For me, when my brother died, much as he was the best man in my life for so many years, it was a relief not to have to fear for him anymore, not to witness his sustaining constant loss. I hope you will remain on Forum if you are at all inclined, so as to help others with all you have learned on this hard journey.
(1)

So very sorry for your losses...Bless you at this most difficult time.
(1)

I’m very sorry for your losses, how difficult to lose both so closely together. I wish you peace and comfort
(1)

I am so very, very sorry for your losses. (((Hugs)))
(2)

Dear "rdmyers65,"

My deepest condolences to you losing both your parents less than two weeks apart due to COVID - I know what a devastating time this must be for you.

May God grant you love, mercy and strength during this great time of grief.
(2)

I'm so sorry for your heavy loss. I'm praying that God will surround you with His loving arms and bring you comfort.
(1)

So very, very sorry for your emotional trauma and grief. Please take care of yourself physically and mentally during this extremely stressful time. Now is the time to think of your own well-being. You must almost be in shock over the death of both your parents. My condolences to you and bless you.
(1)

I am sorry for your losses.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter