Follow

Dad passed last evening at inpatient hospice very suddenly (he arrived from the hospital at 6 and was gone by 8:45) but hospice was able to make him comfortable and address his terminal agitation so all of his grandkids could say goodbye. He either had kidney failure that led to sudden liver failure, or sudden liver failure from meds that led to kidney failure. He was ready to meet his Savior and had no fear of death, and I’m thankful for that.

When I started hands-on caregiving almost a year ago, my husband was worried at first that *I* was going to die from all the stress, but that all changed when I found this community. Just knowing I had a place to ask questions and come to with concerns was such a relief. I appreciate everyone who answered all my many questions and gave insights and suggestions about dealing with and caring for those with the horrible disease of dementia. I truly appreciate all of you.
Carol Ann

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Thank you for the love and care you gave your dad this last year. You helped to make his final months better. God bless you for your service to him. Your days will be different now, a part of you has changed in ways you may not even understand.
(1)

So sorry for your loss. God bless you and your family. Your Dad was blessed with your love.
(2)

So sorry for your loss. Having the family around for goodbye is a blessing I am happy your family received. Gather them round and may the good memories start to be shared and smiled over. Kind thoughts sent to you.
(1)

So sorry for the loss of your dear father, Carol Ann. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. May you have peace and joy with the special memories of your father. Sending you a big hug.
(1)

Condolences, prayers for you and your family
(1)

So sad for your loss, but glad he's been released from the clutches of dementia.

Now, breathe, rest, and don't jump right into planning his services. Give yourself a few days at least to decompress.
(1)

Please accept my condolences upon the loss of your father. It sounds like he was in good hands with hospice and had no pain. That must bring you comfort, Dementia is a very cruel condition. Until it impacts your life, it’s difficult to imagine just how devastating it can be. Your father was fortunate to have had you providing loving care in his last years. Take care of yourself, I hope the good memories will bring you peace.
(1)

((Hugs)) my honey, and very sorry for your loss.
(1)

Carol Ann, so sorry for your loss. May you receive comfort and peace from the loving memories of your father. So happy to hear you were so supported on this forum. Blessings!
(2)

I’m sorry for your loss and wish you the comfort of happy memories in the days ahead
(2)

I glad he was at peace with leaving this earth. Take care of yourself now.
(3)

I am so sorry for your loss.
(1)

I’m sorry did your loss.

May God comfort you and give you peace.
(3)

So sorry for the loss of your dear dad. Wishing you peaceful days ahead and I’m very glad the forum was here for you.
(3)

In the arms of Jesus. What a blessed assurance for your family.

May The Lord give you all grieving mercies and comfort during this time.
(2)

So sorry for your loss.
((Hugs)) to you - I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
May you be surrounded in peace and comfort.
(2)

I have discovered as have others that some who respond here think they know it all and can be quite harsh, but I too have found some kind people whose responses were helpful.
Very sorry to hear about your Dad and can only imagine the stress of just transporting him to a strange place....It sounds like it went as well as it could. I believe our family that has dementia, till the end can still sense our love and attention, Your dad was blessed at least with that. It is a miserable disease for all of us. Rest well knowing you did all you could possibly do, and may good memories you shared bring you comfort and smiles.
(0)

So glad we were able to help. I was so happy to find this site when I needed help, and I still am here even though my parents are both passed now. prayers for you and your family
(3)

So sorry for your loss Carol Ann. 🌹
(1)

Dear Carol Ann, Sympathy for your father’s death. I’m glad it was so quick, for his and everyone’s sake.

I’m glad that the site helped. It’s fine to go if you don’t need us, but it’s fine to stay to share your experience if you would like to. Grieving and some of the technical questions come up here too.

Very best wishes to your family, Margaret
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter