Follow

I'm still trying to get some kind of help. I really am at the end of my rope. She is better now but I'm afraid of the next drama. Adult Protective Services came out 2 weeks ago. NOTHING. First Responders came out for evaluation to refer her to a care facility. Waiting. I am finding that her insurance 9
Medicare-United Health doesn't pay for a lot of these facilities. I tell everyone I will get down on my knees and beg if they would just take her for a week or 10 days so I can finish all the paperwork I need to do and phone calls needed to get her Medicaid started so she will qualify for one of these facilities. And to rest a bit while we wait for approval from someone. Keep fingers crossed. Today I wondered what would happen to me if I just left and called someone and told them they are alone and can't care for themselves. Wonder if I would have any charges filed against me. That is how desperate I am now. I won't do it. Just the thought.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
You may need to get them to a hospital ER and get a social worker to do a 'social admit'.

You tell them thatvtgere is no one to care for them: they become wards of the state.
(2)

Medicaid is what would pay for residence in a facility if it were deemed medically necessary (LTC or MC, maybe AL but it depends on her state of residence). If there is a "next time" she goes to the ER make sure to tell the discharge person that she is an "unsafe discharge" and that there's no one there to provide the care she needs. They will apply A LOT of pressure on you to come and get her but just ignore that and do not go to get her. If she doesn't call up someone to take her home, and she does have cognitive/physical issues then the hospital social workers will hopefully start the process of placing her and pursuing guardianship.

No one would accuse you of abandonment if you left if you don't have any legal authority to manage her affairs and make decisions on her behalf. No one can force you to be responsible for her.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter