Follow

Thank you all for your answers, words of encouragement and advice. My mom died yesterday evening. I was there with her for a few minutes and her breathing wasn't right. Watched her and she took two deep breaths, made a funny noise and stopped breathing. Called a nurse to check her although I knew she was gone. It was just me and her. I was able to say goodbye peacefully and cry without reserve before I called rest of family. I am glad she is no longer in pain or discomfort. Since then it seems so surreal like this all didn't really happen. But I am thankful for the help this site gave me over the past few weeks. I am especially thankful for the one who told me to focus on my mom and not the signs of death. I took that advice and took each day at a time. I pray for each of you still going through trials that you will find peace and answers on this site. Thank you again...

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Just read this thread now. So sorry for the loss of your mother. What a blessing to be with your mom as she passed. Wishing you many blessing along your life journey. Hugs.
(0)

I am so sorry for your loss. May God bless you with grieving mercies and comfort during this difficult time.
(1)

Have been in the same situation not too long ago, so know what its like. Very sorry for your loss and prayers as you move forward.
(3)

I'm so very sorry for your loss and feel for you, yes, it does feel unreal for a long while, until the person we've lost becomes alive again in another very subtle but very real way inside our heart. You've been very brave and did something not many people are able to do. She'll be again with you and the surreal feeling is just the transition to that moment. Sending you a big hug.
(4)

My condolences. I am so glad the end was peaceful.
(2)

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your mother. I appreciate your description of what happened. It sounds like the end offered you and her a time of peace.
(2)

So sorry that you have lost your mom. I’m glad you were with her and had that precious time. Be gentle with yourself. Thank you for letting us know that you were helped by the forum.
(3)

I am very sorry for your loss. Your Mom is at peace now. Condolences to your family. I’m glad you found comfort at this forum. Sending you a hug.
(4)

Scared, I don't recall your earlier post, but am glad to learn that others offered help and comfort when it was needed.

Please accept my condolences for the loss of your mother.    I'm glad you were able to be with her; I'm sure it gave comfort to both of you.    

Death and surrealism can often go hand in hand.    It's something we experience so infrequently, and so intensely, that sometimes it just doesn't seem real.

I wish you peace and comfort as you proceed through the next phases, and as you adjust to life with the memories of your mother.
(5)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter