Follow

I just wanted to say "Thank You" to AgingCare.com and it's members, followers and postings. Thanks to you I learned so much concerning Dementia, APS, Medicade, POA, MED POA and what turned out to be our saving grace was learning about a Social Admit with Phyc Eval. (Thank God we found a great hospital that took the time to care and listen) After 8 years of remote care-giving, I am slowly able to heal. Mom is finally in Memory Care where she is getting the help she truly needs. I love her very much. I will visit, day trip, call and continue to be there for her as this terrible disease lives on and I will continue to learn from this site.
God Bless and Thanks again, Gizmo

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Wonderful news that after a long road you’ve found good and appropriate care for your mother. She’s blessed to have you in her corner. And yes, we’ve all learned a lot on AC forum, it’s a great resource
(0)

I'm so glad that you received the help you needed from this forum, and that your mom is now where she needs to be and that you're at peace with it all. You can't ask for more than that, can you? God bless you.
(2)

So glad you'll be able to just love her and leave the day-to-day care worries behind. MC is truly the greatest invention, because a good one is staffed with people who are utterly devoted to their residents no matter how messed up they are.

I spent a grueling two hours at my mom's MC place yesterday helping her hospice nurse dress her wounds (many of them), and by the time I left, there were four of us helping and Mom was hysterical. That's become the norm in these waning days of her life, and I never cease to be amazed at the patience and kindness of the staff. I told them so, too, so be sure to let those angels know how much you appreciate them.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter