How do I withhold taxes from the money my parent is paying me for her care? What can I do to handle a back-tax situation?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I technically work for my city. My only client is my mother. How we are paid is, we receive a check monthly. No taxes are taken out. Mostly we file annually. The supervisor had said that if you live with your parent you do not have to pay SS or Med. Check around your area for free tax preparation, sometimes they hold open house with volunteer tax preparers. At that time, make that person show you exactly what he is doing. After that, you can just fill out the forms yourself. You can always call the IRS. They were actually really helpful for me last year.

I know it's not alot of help, but hopefully it gives you some ground work.

Best Wishes

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter