Follow

Hahaha! Crazy idea but it is funny.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
my two ' girl ' ( va ) docs from india always give me the ' you poor , dumb bstrd ' look when i tell them justice is inevitable . it bugs me a little bit but this weekend i think i learned why they feel so skeptical .
a youtube commenter from india said he would prefer our most lawless city or town to his safest . evidently justice isnt always realized in india .

this is the usa and our justice system is the envy of the world . they will be the second and third to know when the SHTF . ( and it will )
(1)

Cap,

Yes it is. You have shown tremendous patience. I have enormous respect for you. Not everyone could be as patient as you have.
(0)

thanks , needhelp
i just dont have access to the larger picture . i have to trust those who do . i think thats the polar opposite of a self serving narcissist .
(1)

Cap,

Just follow your heart. Pulling for you regarding your grandson.
(0)

i ran my ( ex ) friend betsy's ( shes pissed at me ) pic thru the app too . if the app was being unkind to me , it must have had a personal vendetta against her .
SS says theyll give me 1100 bucks . i could live fine on that amount . i think it possible a grandkid may be placed in my home . im not seeking that but i wouldnt think of turning it down either . my future is going to be greatly affected by a judge .
(1)

Pam,

Sounds like a cool picture! I love looking at old photos. I like looking at the clothes and hairstyles. This generation looks like slobs compared to them. hahaha

Gershun.

It's the Oil of Olay! in my family. I swear my great aunts, grandmother, older cousins, mom and me do not have wrinkles. We should endorse it! Hahaha

None of us had plastic surgery either! I always say to my husband how good certain movie stars look and he says, "They paid a lot for good plastic surgeons!"

Oh, and none of the men are bald. Gorgeous hair! Baldness does not run in my family, neither side, my mom's or my dad's side. No one lost their hair. Baldness is a genetic thing, isn't it?
(2)

Cap,

Look at the pay rate that you will receive at 62 according to your income now versus the difference of how much it will be if you wait until 65?

Will it be a huge difference? If not, it's a personal choice. Do what you feel is best. Is it possible to still work part time with your company if you would like to if you decide to collect? That would give you a bit more cash in your pocket if you wanted it.
(1)

Cap - Can you hold out a few more years? Collecting SS at 62 offers only 70% of what you’ll get if you wait until “full benefit age.” (For you, prob age 66 and some change. Depends on your birth year. Look it up online. da-dot-gov)
(2)

ive got to decide what to do about SS . im definitely going to sign up to draw at 62 yrs old but i might stay out at the forestry for a little while . it might be kind of humorous to work everyday knowing that you could climb in the truck and go home at the first provocation .
(1)

I think I look pretty good for my age. I remember when mom was in the hospital during her last days and the nurses would all comment how smooth her face was. She was 92. But I always remember her with all her little jars of cream and so on. I'm afraid I've inherited that. I'm always out looking for youth elixirs. Ah vanity, vanity......................
(5)

I am a bit plump.. ( but slimming down due to health) and I have very few wrinkles,, I say being plump is a bonus in the wrinkle department! And I don't have a lot of grey hair ( or tinsel as we call it here) My dad had almost no wrinkles when he passed ( at late 80s) , and no grey hairs until he was in his mid 60s.
And Cwillie, I have a picture of my grandfather ( who I never knew) with one of his horses.. he looks like a Gypsy King.. many of my relatives have asked for a copy! I love it, it is so romantic looking,, even he was perhaps not so "romantic"..LOL He was a player!
(2)

Captain,

hahaha, some say that is true. I look like my daddy, the Irish/Scottish side. All of my brothers are exactly like my mom.
(0)

cwille,

I have a photo of my great grandfather from England. That’s the oldest photo that I have. He was very tall and very thin, very handsome man. I love how they dressed up back then!

I admit I love being casual but it is fun to dress up for special holidays or other special occasions. Some people never dress up and it’s not about finances. They can afford it. They just hate dressing up which is their business though.
(1)

All I have to do is look at the women who have gone before me, those in my mother's family who lived to a great age all looked very alike in their final years. I can see those same facial characteristics lurking in my own reflection and even in my niece - there are some strong genes there! (I wish I had a pic of my great, great grandmother)
(1)

My daughter was on one of these apps at Thanksgiving showing us all how we were going to look....later.

I thought it was pretty funny until I saw myself.
(3)

i tried one of these apps last night just for kicks . " haggard " a guy right up .

reminds me of a brit funning around in a comment section once . he said on his wedding day he happened to remember that someone once told him to look at a woman's mother if youre curious how she'll age . he glanced over at his MIL and said she looked like a bulldog chewing a wasp . :)>
(4)

Noticed a few greys myself.
(0)

CM,

Wouldn’t it be funny to show our kids how they will age?

I remember as a kid my elderly neighbor would tell me not to sunbathe. She would open her door and holler at me to get out of the sun!

I would promptly tell her that I wanted a tan. She would tell me that I would get wrinkles in my older years. Well, as a teenager I didn’t care about that. I told her I wanted to look good now with a tan. Hahaha

I have gray hair but don’t have wrinkles. I think it’s genetic. My mom doesn’t have wrinkles in her 90’s. Daddy lived to 85, no wrinkles. Grandma either. Grandpa did but he was a heavy smoker.

I do know other smokers who don’t have wrinkles though, even though some people say smoking ages a person. I think it depends on the smoker. Jackie Kennedy smoked and she was beautiful!
(1)

Humph. Who needs it? I've got a mirror. 😞
(8)

Me too! I earned every grey hair!
(1)

I can see the change with the stress from the past few years........hate to see what another few years of this will do! Hugs!
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter