Follow

Hoping you are all clever enough to access the article from the Sunday New York Times, September 20th edition, front page story. By Jessica Silver-Greenberg and Rachel Abrams. Title is Nursing Homes Seize Pretexts to Evict Poor.
Article is excellent and terrifying. Apparently Nursing Homes are full enough that they are tossing out Medicaid patients for minor infringements or momentary acting out in order to get in paying patients.
Wish I could cough you up the link but whenever I do that it doesn't post so as to be useable (in blue). I know with any search engine and the author's names you will find it.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Some may find either that article or one similar to it in their city's Sunday paper. I live in upstate NY and saw a similar (or the very same) article in my paper on Sun. Anyhow, I copied what BarbBrooklyn typed (since it wasn't an actual link) and pasted it in my browser and it went right to the article. Hope this helps anyone who is having trouble finding it. Yes, it's a sad situation for those who wind up spending all their money on healthcare and then are forced to accept Medicaid then get tossed aside because the nursing homes don't want to care for them any longer. The article I read said that one woman simply complained that her adult diaper wasn't changed frequently enough and the home said that was a good enough reason to chuck her to the side. Not nice at all.
(1)

Sadly, this is going to continue unless some strong legislation is passed. What is really unfortunate is family is still being compelled in some cases to take the evicted home with them. That's usually the worst thing to do, and family should be made aware they do not have to do that.
(1)

Alva, the artcle isn't about corona virus.

Hold your finger down on the text of the link and you can paste it into your browser.
(1)

I hope that is the one Barb. I cannot make the post bookmark for me so cannot post a link. I don't remember it being about coronavirus at all. And I can't use your link as it won't "go blue" so I can click on it. Talk about computer illiteracy.Anyway, I have the authors and title and I can access it on my own computer using the entire name of the article and the authors' names. Good luck finding it everyone.
(0)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/09/19/business/coronavirus-nursing-homes.amp.html
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter