Follow

I AM A 84 YR MOM W/5 ADULT DAUGHTERS - 2 STICK TOGETHER AND 3 STICK TOG TOO.AND THEY TELL ME TO STAY OUT OF IT AS IT IS THEIR SITUATION. I FEEL IT IS GETTING CHRONIC THE LONGER IT GOES ON - ONE TWIN THINKS I HAVE ALWAYS FAVORED HER SISTER AND TWO THAT ALWAYS GOT ALONG NO LONGER DO - IT IS A TOXIC SITUATION THAT I AM LETTING IT GET TO ME.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Has this been going on since they were kids? Any basis in reality for resentment among sibs? Basically since they are adults I think your best course is to stay out of their disputes, try to maintain good relationship with each individual, but leave their interrelationships with each other alone.
(2)

Dolly, be glad that the girls aren't all tugging at you pulling you in different directions. And they are smart not to include you in their bickering, you raised them well. Before you know it everything will get switched around and daughter A will now be upset with daughter D.

Are the girls helping you out, or are you pretty independent? You probably are worrying about how will the girls act when the time does come that you need their help. Will they bicker with each other or work as a team. With different personalities, each one can dive in helping with what they do best :)
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter