Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3
I work in the infant room of a daycare center. The center used to be a nursing home, and we suspect that more than a few people had passed away there. Yesterday, my co-teacher and I were sitting and talking while all but 3 of the babies napped. Suddenly, there was a flash above our heads, like someone drew a lit flashlight in an arc, only the light was very white. One of the children, who is non-verbal and who we suspect is on the Autism Spectrum, got a big smile on his face and began waving where the light had passed over us. He seldom waves or has much of a reaction to anything. His smile was so happy, we found ourselves wondering if anyone was smiling and waving back at him.

Another person has also seen an elderly man walking into the kitchen, and we occasionally see “orbs” in the center. It’s not particularly frightening because we know seniors love babies and they would never hurt or scare them, or us.
(6)

Metoo.. I seem to always hear Garth Brooks song "the dance" when driving to or from a funeral. Kind of creepy.. I mean every funeral! Makes me cry, so maybe its a good thing for getting the feelings out.
(3)

I have a friend. dimes are her connection to her husband.... They appear out of nowhere. !!

I see them occasionally....

LOVE
(4)

I think we all get messages from our LO's if we stop and listen, smell, and look.

I find it comforting to know that my LO's are around, in whatever shape, smell,, or form the present themselves.

Rainbows, balloons,birds, dreams, or feeling.. peaceful, content, loving
(3)

The other day, I was working on my father's Japanese garden and this butterfly just followed me. This 29th my dad has been gone for 5 yrs. But this butterfly was like flying around as if to see what I was doing then once I was done it was gone.

I always find it weird when I work in the yard and there a butterfly is flying around me as if my dad is saying, hello and what are you doing to my yard!
(3)

I totally believe that our loved ones communicate with us after they pass.

I loved my FIL - he was a funny and loving man.

A few months after he died, I swept my garage, including vacuuming the carpet square outside the door going into the house. The next day, at church, the choir sang a hymn that they also sang at his funeral - it brought me to tears. When we got home, there was a dime on the carpet that I had vacuumed the day before.

On the one year anniversary of his death, my son found four dimes in the gym weight room at his high school. He had never found money in there before and hasn't found any since.

When my grandmother passed away, the first song I heard on the radio after leaving her apartment was Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me Al." It was exactly at the lyric "Who'll be my role model now that my role model is gone?" Still gives me goosebumps.

On a lighter note, I inherited my grandmother's cat that day. Sadly, she didn't tell me that the cat didn't travel well in the car. I got about a block from her apartment, tears flowing, when I stopped for a red light. I looked at the cat on the passenger seat and saw her about ready to drop a load on the seat. As quickly as I could, I got the window down and held the cat out the window to do her business. Of course, the light turned green and there was nothing I could do to put the car in gear and move on. Fortunately, the person behind me was laughing and that got me laughing as well. My grandmother had a wicked sense of humor...guess she wasn't done making me laugh!!
(8)

Iit's not strange at all. I've actually had my Great-grandmother visit me mana many many yrs ago. We held a conversation without speaking out loud.
I woke up thinking I had over slept and was late for work because the bedroom was so bright but it wasn't the sun. It was actually a beautiful blue with a white light outlining it and had small rays like stars.
Grandma kept telling me it will all be ok, not to worry, it will all be ok.
My Mom is now in assisted living with Alzheimer's. I have 3 siblings, not one wanted the responsibility after shutting my Mother out from me. I prayed for years that somehow God would show me the way so I could do everything I promised Mom. This situation was "dumped" in my lap a year ago. I am now able to do what I promised except for 1 thing....I could not let her live in her house. This has been very hard for the past year but I'm getting everything taken care of per the Court.
I feel this is what my Great-grandmother was telling me 40 yrs ago.

We also live in a 100 yr old house. We have 2 spirits who reside with us. The entire street/neighborhood knows about our house and some have actually met these spirits. We still haven't found our daughter's 4 bottles of parfume from 3 yrs ago. I smell cigar smoke when the "male" spirit is trying to get my attention as well as parfume scent when the "female" spirit is around. They were around a lot when I was working on the dining room to bring it back to the way it did 100 yrs ago. "They" were there with me everyday. Once we got it done, we didn't hear from them for some time.
This past week I heard the sound of 2 thick sticks being hit together like a percussion instrument. I thought the fan was off balance, but as soon as I got under the fan the sound stopped.
I've heard conversations, walking upstairs when I have been home alone or up really late at night. My husband has heard a dog running up/down the upstairs hallway when I've been downstairs with our 3 dogs.

No, it is not strange. Once your Father feels all is well OR you let him know you're ok, he'll stay or just come around occassionally when he thinks you need him
(6)

For us it's a Big Black Fly. The day after the funeral was the first time we saw him...."Flew right over our heads", landed on the table, looked around, and flew off never to be seen again. Second time, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Holidays, and sometimes "Just Because"....one day my mother found him flying right past her, and flew into what used to be his bathroom....so she closed the door behind him....she slowly opened the door, thinking that she would find it buzzing around in there..."Gone"....nowhere to be found.
(2)

I sometimes think you get that feeling inside of just knowing flyer. If you feel that there is probably a reason for it.
(1)

My parents had a chiming mantel clock that would always chime certain times during the day.

After my parents had passed, I put the clock on the bookcase that Dad had made for me. I didn't wind up the clock because I didn't want the chimes to scare the cats. I would spend time looking and rearranging Dad's books in the bookcase, and the clock kept silent for months on end.

One day the clock chimed once out of the blue. Scared the heck out of me. No one was near that clock, not even in the same room. The day before we had to put down our sweet cat "Sara" due to a serious illness. Later I thought that chime was my late Dad saying "Sara is here with me, don't worry".
(7)

For me, its butterflies. The first year my BF and I went camping I took him where my dad use to take me as a kid. I was outside on our lot helping my BF to get the traveler tailer backed up and a butterfly kept hitting me in the head...like 3 times and when I went to move there was another butterfly on my foot...just chillin. That whole week I would have butterflies flying around me. To this day when I am working in the yard a butterfly will fly around me and the area that I am working. Its crazy. Like the butterfly is checking on my work:) LOL

It is said, that butterflys are good luck, and that they are massagers from the otherside. It is also said, if you see a butterfly at a funeral that the butterfly is releasing the soul. The Japanese believe that if a butterfly hits your house that someone will pass away.

I believe that my dad is telling me he is with me and pleased with what I am doing:)

I hate to see what my dad would send me if he didn't like my work! LOL
(2)

My mom had a friend that did not have a good relationship with her mom. She swore that her mom moved her slippers around so she couldn’t find them. She said her mom haunts her.
(2)

For a lot of people it’s cardinals. They happened to be her favorite bird. Red was her favorite color.
(2)

I think I may have told this story before but if not I'll tell it here.

The very last conversation I had with my Mom we were on the phone. She was sounding odd and I was worried about her. I had just spoken to her but called her right back cause I was concerned. I sang a part of that Carole King song "You've got a Friend" to her. She laughed and said "I Love you Always" That was the very last thing she ever said to me. She died a week later in hospital.

So, seven mths. later on Christmas Eve I'm sitting with my niece and we are talking about my Mom. She says to me "I always felt that grandma had a direct line to God" I said I'm sure she did, in fact I bet she is sitting here with us right now. Right after I said that I looked at my sister's play list on her t.v. and "You've got a Friend" by Carole King was playing. I just know that was a sign. At least I'd like to think it was.
(11)

I had a relative who was so helpful about advice, giving me food to warm up for parents and just being a cheerleader. I knew that she had a terminal illness, but kept hoping that her condition would get better. The last time that I saw her I tried to put on a brave front, but she couldn't breathe well at all, and could barely move. Still it was a shock when she passed away. She was a big bird watcher and was going on a last vacation to the beach. Exactly three days after she died, I saw a huge bird that I knew was a heron, in my area. Normally I would not have noticed, but it was huge. The internet said that these birds are definitely not found in my area. I know what I saw, because nothing else looked like this bird. This heron only lives along the beach. When I was thinking about this, it seemed like a little voice in my head said, "well, what was the last thing you said to me?" I had to think really hard, but then I remembered. I had said ' take your binoculars with you, because you might see a heron at the beach.' Seemed like I heard a little voice say, " Bingo!"
(9)

I was eating at a local restaurant and a friend of mine was waiting tables. I was standing, talking to her at the waitress station across from my table. We were talking about friends who had recently passed away much too young. My deceased friend Tracy had frequented the restaurant with her family many times. As my waitress friend and I were talking about her, the light over my table suddenly went out! It was out for a full minute, then blinked back on and stayed on. No other lights in the restaurant flickered or went out. Our jaws dropped. I asked whether that had ever happened before and she said "Never since I've worked here (10 years)." I think it was Tracy stopping in to say hello.
(9)

For me, it’s Blue Jays. Every time I see one I think it’s my mother just passing through.

My brother feels the same.
So we think the Blue Jay either stops to see me first in Maryland then goes up to Jersey to see my bro or vice versa.

The Blue Jay just sweeps in, scares the other birds, reeks havoc, then disappears until later in the day then rinse & repeat.

Its just a cute thing my brother & I joke about.
(5)

Let's face it. It IS kinda crazy. In the BEST way EVER! After we lost my Dad, my daughter put his golf hat on her dresser, until she could figure out a more permanent place for it. Weeks, or maybe months later, how the heck did that hat fall off onto the floor? When she was in the bathroom, (with no one else home, no TV on, nothing) putting on makeup. He always said was too beautiful to put that gook on her face. Take heed kid, he's not a fan of the makeup!

And how, when I was standing in my driveway, a few years after we lost him, talking to a friend about how difficult it still is, did a Red Robin (one of my Dad's favorite birds-no explanation for that!) fly right into the large bush right by my driveway? And when I said, Oh my, Hi Dad, did a Blue Jay fly right into the same bush (another of his favorite birds, again no explanation for his bird love deal, lol). Don't know and don't question it. Sometimes it's best not to look for a 'sign' because it just happens I guess, if it's meant too. I spent the longest 'looking' for some kind of sign, to no avail until that day. And sometimes, a 'sign' is just not needed because all is ok and we just don't get that?

Today is 10 years since he's been gone. Still so sad, but acceptance and perspective comes with time.
(5)

Katie,

I hope that your dad gives you a sign or you have your own dream or vision. I believe that if you talk to your love one that they can hear you.

May I suggest when you go to bed and the lights are off and you are laying there tell your dad that you are listening. Just focus on your dad. I don't know if this will work, but I have had friends that this worked for. Just give it a try it can't hurt anything.

I am so sorry about your dad Katie even as adult we tend to be little girls when it comes to our dads. I pray that your dad gives you some kind of sign.

Hugs!!!
(6)

Thats a great dream you had about your Dad Shell. My dad recently passed and I would give anything to have some kind of communication with him.. to know he is ok.
(7)

NHWM,

So do I!
(4)

Shell,

Goosebumps in a good way. I think it’s awesome. There is a connection from our loved ones. I believe that with all my heart.
(4)

NHWM,

I have to admit I was a little worry about telling my story because I thought maybe you or others would think I was weird, but my gut told me that I should tell my story.

Thank you for your positive respond; I didn't mean to give you goosebumps. I am glad that I was able to help. Your very welcome. 💜
(5)

Shell,

I honestly got goosebumps reading your post! Plus that is validation for me. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with me 💗
(6)

NHWM,

I don't think your crazy or maybe I am crazy with you!

My dad was scared to die and I worried about him when he was sick, but after he passed away. I had a dream of him being in half darkness and half light. He was scared! But I saw a woman's hand and she was calling his name. Telling him it was ok. Then I could see her, not her face, but her hair, her body shape, her shoes, her dress and even the little white flowers on it. She had a light hearted laugh. She was (I felt) very loving. She just kept telling him it was ok and to take her hand. He took her hand and came out of the dark and they walked together into the light. She would never show me her face. My dad had a hard time walking of years being on his feet for 60 to 80 hrs a week, but in my dream he was walking normal. He was wearing is favorite shoes and dark blue jeans with his favorite jean jacket. We did not bury him in these clothes.

When I woke up I called my mother and told her about my dad and the woman. My mother told me she was my great aunt who I never met. When I went to my mother's house later that day she showed me a picture of my GA. It was her. She helped my dad who she loved to cross over.

When I was young I heard of stories where the dead will send messages to the living through dreams; I never knew if it was real or not, but now I know it is real:) I never worry about my dad. I know he is at peace, happy and with people who love him. And when the nights are just right I can smell his secent in the house and I know he is there. 💝
(14)

Chemoangel,

Great story! That's so interesting because after my grandpa died there was a fly buzzing around her and normally she would have smacked him dead. She was a tough german woman. She told us that she thought it was grandpa! We just thought it was odd at the time. I was a teenager.
(6)

My oldest brother lived a tough life. It finally caught up to him and he died. I prayed that he would be at peace in heaven. I was the last one with him before he died. I loved him as a brother but hated the person he became (heroin addict). I have the utmost compassion for addicts but it wrecks havoc in their lives and those around them. I finally had to break away for my own sanity and safety. Anyway, I prayed going to the end of live hospice facility that God would put forgiveness in my heart. I thought it would be really hard to do. I felt my mom deserved to say goodbye to her first born son. She did not like his lifestyle but loved him. People think drug addicts are sleazy people. He was just a kid of 13 and his best friend talked him into doing drugs, no drug education back then. He tried to quit many times. He hated being an addict. His problem was bigger than he was. He would manage to stop but would always went back to doing drugs.

I told him that I loved him, that I forgave him completely and I meant it. I told him God forgave him. He worried about that. I reminded him of God forgiving David, Paul, and countless others.

Still after his death, I made his cremation and burial arrangements. I had a graveside mass but I was uneasy about where he was. I continued to pray. My mom was praying also.

Very shortly after he died, a few nights later, I had the most beautiful dream. My brother was young, his beautiful dark hair was lovely, he had silver hair when he died. He was smiling from ear to ear and we were in my mom's dining room in the house we grew up in. He was serving delicious food. He loved to eat when he was young. He loved being a host to a group of people.

He was very outgoing. I woke up so happy! I never felt uneasy again. I ran to my mother's room to tell her about my dream. She started listening and before I could finish she told me the end of my dream! It was surreal. In my dream he was serving po-boys, a well loved sandwich here in New Orleans. My mom looked puzzled. She had the exact dream on the same night as me. We both said it was him letting us know he was okay. That was a sign. Mom and I were so happy that we got to see him happy and at peace. She told me in detail about the food, what he was wearing, that he was young and smiling. It was incredible.

You can think I am crazy if you want but that dream brought my mom and me peace about my brother.
(22)

The day after the funeral when we were about to look at all the cards from the funeral home and write thank you notes, (This was the dead of winter, mind you.) a GIANT, and I mean Huge FLY, came rushing through past our noses, landed on the table, stayed there, and then suddenly flew off..we never saw it again. If you have ever heard the term "I wish I were a fly on the wall"....yup, that appeared to maybe be a visit from my Father. although my sister said "Why would daddy come back as a fly, if anything at all!' I don't know the answer to that question either, but I did find it strange to see a fly in the winter....
(8)

I'll leave out the details. But I get it. And my daughter does too. For what its worth. And...love Dad tricks. They are the best!!!
(4)

Our puppy used to stop and stare at the front foyer,, just stare and stare. Dad used to stand there and look out at the yard for a long time. We got Chloe after dad passed, but he would have loved her, and I swear she can see him.
(11)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter