Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
In any forum, about any topic, it is the person that generalizes about society, rather than coming from a place of first hand experience, in a specific situation, that is the problem - and I think the OP shares their position, in the mirror.
(0)

I disagree about the nine times out of ten. And if anyone wants to refer to their siblings as vultures that's up to them. Not your business to tell them what to say.
(1)

Oh, you got that right!
(0)

I disagree. Nine times out of ten? Where do you get that from?
(3)

Where did this come from? This is your second post and I scanned your first and members were nothing but sympathetic to your problem.

We all have our stories and yes maybe the one doing the caring is the problem. But on this forum it seems that the Caregiver does all the work, even quitting a job to do the caring and when it looks like the LO is dying, those who would not help with the caring swoop in thinking they are entitled to the LOs money.

In your situation it looks like brother took advantage of both parents and you. Everyones situation is different. We are entitled to write it the way we see it.

Did you go by a different name before because I see private posts on ur profile from 2015 but no posts from that time.
(3)

People are GOING to have issues with family members which is why they come here, to AgingCare, to VENT! I highly doubt the name calling will stop, either. Grow some thicker skin, that's my suggestion. You're here blaming the 'one who never left the nest' and the 'one who never left the nest' is blaming YOU. See how that works? There's normally enough blame to go around when it comes to siblings in a caregiving arena, so the best thing to do is look for the GOOD in one another & try to ignore the bad, which is easier said than done, I know. Take what you like from this forum & ignore the rest, is the best advice you can get on an internet forum where opinions and advice are free-flowing!
(6)

Sometimes its the sibling that has left the house, had a hard life, insists they are entitled and comes back to sue the POA, tries to get parents to sign everything over to them and yells at you from the street and calls you every four letter name in the book. Need to clarify what you are saying here.
Thanks
(6)

Different situations require different answers. It would help if you would reference exactly what post and response has upset you, and why.
(2)

I'm hoping it wasn't a commentor from this forum who said that about you or your situation, but to be fair, many participants on this forum can tell you about their own personal, very real experiences with "vulture" siblings.

That being said: yes, many times it is an "unlaunched" sibling still residing with the parent(s) who is the parasite... but they parent often is the enabler for this dysfunctional relationship.
(6)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter