Follow

Direct injection of stem cells is being done in many countries with successful results.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
My thoughts are that there is Absolutely NO research showing stem cell treatment can do much of anything, but there's plenty of proof that this is a known scam that has left people penniless and, worse - in my opinion, with serious health issues. Not only that, the US government has not approved "real" stem cells as treatment outside of a few very rigid government regulated studies. So any claims that these clinics are using human stem cells is a lie.
(3)

The research and claims for stem cell certainly sound impressive but I don’t feel this area is being regulated as well as it should. I have met many people who have undergone stem cell therapy both in the US and abroad, most without improvement and some with devastating results. Neighbors of mine had an otherwise healthy child with very mild spina bifida. They begged, borrowed and worked two jobs each to be able to pay for their son’s stem cell treatment. What they returned with, however, was a brain dead son that was no longer able to breathe on his own and now requires continuous care. So now when anyone mentions stem cell therapy, I take pause.
(3)

Can you share your sources tidewater? Although it seems promising everything I've found seems to be in the very, very early stages of research.
(2)

It depends on the definition of "successful results". Here in the U.S. the FDA requires rigorous clinical trials and proofs that can go on for years. This is partly why prescription medications, medical treatments and medical devices cost so much money. I have a cousin who had liver cancer. Stem-cell treatment at the Mayo Clinic did not work for him. It will take years (maybe decades) to know for certain what stem-cell therapy does, why and how it works, where it is most effective, and if there are any post-treatment problems. Other countries do not require their medical device and pharma companies to pass the rigorous proofs like here in the U.S. Hope should be tempered with patience and reality.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter