Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Stress can cause this in caregivers. Just too much on the brain, too many things to do.... Try to simply things, making lists and stick to just one project at a time. Even if you have to include in your list where you're going to place various things, do it. Prioritizing helps so that things that aren't important aren't attempted on days when just surviving is the important thing.

And set up a good filing system, documenting the choices you make on where to file/put what.

I realized some years ago after I started caregiving that I wasn't able to remember where I filed things that weren't obvious - i.e., anything tax related goes to tax files, but miscellaneous items that don't fall in a specific category tend to hide for a while. Now I list them, on computer and in my project file, so I can remember what I did what that one letter that doesn't fall into a specific category.
(3)

Jagee, I read your profile and you are caring for your husband, and that hard work. It is not unusual to become forgetful when one is under a lot of stress because being responsible for another adult person who use to be able to do things on their own, and we are required to multi-task at our age :P

I use to be very sharp, but after dealing with two very elderly stubborn parents, I find myself being fuzzy minded at times, especially when it comes to reading anything complex. It's brain overload !!
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter