Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I recently mentioned on another thread that I had given an Alzheimer’s Clock to my mother for her last Christmas. I was surprised that that is what it’s actually called. But I suppose it makes it easy for a shopper to find with such a straight forward name. It was crazy expensive for what it was as compared to a regular digital clock - with basically all the same working parts... but I have to admit as far as the screen goes and the format of the information it provided, it was the best “tool for the job”.

Im afraid I discovered this tool folate in my mothers dementia journey. A few years earlier mom had started with the phone calls at 3am, asking if it was AM or PM. By the time I discovered such a clock existed mom was past really caring what time it was - am or pm or really even what day of the week it was.

Still, I think it’s a great tool for elders at the beginning stages of dementia or even someone with poor eyesight. I just wish I had it - for mom - earlier.

Now the clock hangs on my kitchen wall and I have to say - I find it incredibly helpful. Here’s hoping your elderly loved one will too!
(3)

We got Mom one for Christmas, my Aunt has one and my BFF got one for her hubs before he passed. Mom loves it too
(1)

Thank you so much for this post. My mother and i are very happy to have this product.
(1)

I bought one for my mother and it's helped her a lot, when she remembers to look at it.......LOL. Glad I mentioned it here.
Good luck, I hope it helps!!
(1)

Amazon has a lot of things for the elderly that can be helpful.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter