Follow

She was like a "super nova"; I thought she was making a big recovery. She wanted to use her new (1 year old) washing machine! I did all the laundry and house cleaning up until then. She was like a new woman who was very interested in her world; she died of stroke and heart failure that Sunday 12/09/ 2001 a sleep in her easy chair watching TV as she wanted to. It was easy for her but not for me as this was considered an unattended death and was a police matter. Being a Sunday we had to wait for the country coroner to sign the death certificate. The funeral home wanted a extra $75.00 for a home pick up! (what am I supposed to say, "NO WAY, I'LL STRAP HER ON THE HOOD OF MY CAR!" $8,000.00 (plus) later I had her buried with dignity.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your story.
(0)

God bless you! I just recently prepaid for my mom’s funeral $8800! I even went with one of the least expensive caskets. Her burial plot was free. I’m glad you had that energetic time with her but what a shock that must have been.
(1)

That was some kind of rally - have heard of people perking up a bit, but wanting to do the laundry...wow. Yes I know about the funeral home - we had a prepaid arrangement but still got hit up for an additional $250. Another funeral director told me that there are funeral businesses that take advantage of the situation to get more money out of you when you are distressed. Hope there is special place in hell.....
(1)

I've heard people's stories about terminal loved ones "rallying" right before passing...being more energetic, lucid and engaged. So glad you were able to be with her.
(3)

It does sound amazing, indeed. I read similar stories in the past, giving the best shot at life before taking a break (until the next life :)
I'm very sorry for your loss, and also for the ridiculous request of the funeral home (seriously, people are nuts), but it does sound like a very peaceful departure, I'm sure she's watching you and smiling, now. Thank you for sharing, Maggy.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter