Follow

The house was my Grandmother's before she passed and left it to my Mom. It was costing her insurance, taxes, lawn care and maintenance and honestly me some headaches and bottom line, I need to start liquidating her assests. Mom is suffering from serious dementia, heart problems, she is blind and has a host of other issues and will never return home. I spoke with her about doing this before, but she gets extremely, over the top nervous and sick whenever I try to discuss anything like this with her. I made a judgement call and chose not to tell her until the sale was complete, but the person who bought the house was so happy she sent Mom candy and a card. Naturally Mom is a mess now - really upset. Although I know I did the right thing - I feel guilty and am now worried about her. This is so much harder than I ever thought it would be. I still have her house and contents left - I don't think I can handle this anymore. I'd appreciate any insight.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I know - I think I'll just hang tight and not do anything for now. It's such a hard decision to make. I wish I was stronger or tougher so I could forge through it, but I guess I need to breath a bit.
(0)

Oh. That's too bad.
(0)

She lives in a very small town that gossips like crazy. No matter how quiet I try to keep it, someone will rush up to the nursing home and tell her. This is the kind of stuff they live for in the little town. It's very frustrating.
(0)

Why would she have to kno when her home and contents go?
(0)

Thanks for the encouragement - she may forget it. She has forgotten so many things so I do hope this is one of them. My conversation was with her last night and today she is an absolute mess. She is sick, incontienence issues, both ways, won't eat and is calling the staff to her room multiple times in an hour mostly saying she forgot why she called them. This is why I don't want her to know anything. I can't imagine what it will be like when her home and contents go - she will probably hate me! This is so difficult.
(0)

You did the right thing.

It is too bad Mother ever had to find out. But that can't be helped now. Is she likely to forget this event after a while?
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter