Follow

So many of our favorites on Forum are right now facing down some really tough stuff. Elaine and her Mom. Lealonnie and her hubby. NeedHelp and her husband. Likely others I have missed.
Time to set aside our tiny thoughts to hold them tight in our hearts. I know believers will send many prayers in support.
Thinking of them today, how they are so often here for others. How I hope any positivity coming their way might be some comfort. And hoping for the best for all.
These are such trying times, and Covid-19 makes any hospitalization stuff so much more scary.
Thoughts with all.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Sending my thoughts and prayers! Alva thinks reminding us we all need more kindness and thoughtfulness in the world, (((hugs)))
(3)

Alva--your heart is big. Thank you for reminding us of others. The world seems so scary and sad.

My little granddaughter said to her mom the other day "Mom, I don't feel Ok. I'm not sick, I just feel scared and lonely and I hate that I can't see Nonny (that's me) hardly ever". (She's only 9 and VERY astute.)

Her mom realized that we need to spend more time together, masked, etc. that her kids are becoming depressed and scared all the time and this was supposed to be such a great time. (They just moved home after 6 years of medical training for her daddy).

I try to visit neighbors and talk to people, ,but it's hard. I know that after this horrible election is over, whatever the outcome, it will be something to quit talking about. For a lot of us, the never-ending stress is untenable.

I DO pray--all day, everyday. It helps, but I'm still very anxious and depressed.

I think we're all pretty tired.
(2)

InFamily, I am an atheist, so I don't pray really, except through what love and positive thoughts that I can send through my care. Not a choice of mine; just never believed in my 78 years.
But I know believers here will pray for us all, and I know it is so appreciated by all. However we support, care, hold those going through tough times in our thoughts I think is a comfort.
(0)

Be near me in my time of weakness and pain; sustain me by your grace, that my strength and courage may not fail; heal me according to your will; and help me always to believe that what happens to me here is of little account if you hold me in eternal life, my Lord and my God. Amen.
(3)

Thank you Alva for reminding us to pray for our friends in greater need right now. My heart breaks for them because yes Covid makes it even harder.
(1)

Stacy, the link to Elaine1962 post re her Mom below:

ttps://www.agingcare.com/discussions/my-mother-went-into-the-hospital-last-night-i-cant-stop-crying-462614.htm?orderby=recent&page=1�

You may remember stories she told us re trying to get Mom to get/accept some help. Her Mom a stroke a few days ago. On hospice care. Only thing we can think is to provide a bit of support and know that her Mom did it HER WAY, which she was always so adamant about.
Lealonnie1, I know you know also. Hubby in for triple bypass, surgery most of this day. Lealonnie one of the smartest and kindest posters here, so much gentle compassion for others always in her heart.
I know we will all pull for these special folks in tough days.
Seems like everything is hitting everyone at once.
(1)

NHWM is such a sweetie and has been through so much in the last year or so. I wish her the best of luck, she deserves it.

Who is Elaine?
(1)

Well said, Alva.
(4)

Thank you Alva. Covid has taken a stressful situation & amped it up to huge proportions, forbidding extra people to come into the hospital for support during stressful times. Loved ones have to endure the fear & loneliness by themselves in a cold waiting room with no support but a phone & computer screen. While the phone and the computer screen is great, a human hug can go a long way in such a circumstance.

To add insult to injury, two positive covid cases have come up in my mother's ALF now, one in the reg ALF bldg and one in her MC bldg which only houses 23. The positive tests are being isolated and the one in MC is asymptomatic, at least for the moment. The residents are now being tested weekly meaning I'm certain we'll be seeing a rise in the positive cases over there.

One day at a time, right?
(8)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter